Robbed In Glenrosa

Darlin06
Board Meister

Re: Robbed In Glenrosa

Post by Darlin06 »

Exactly!!
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." ~ Ann Landers
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Thank you for the heads up. This happens every few months up here. I leave nothing in my car with doors unlocked. The price of a new window is not worth it.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Was your car not equipped with an alarm? Not that anyone pays attention to those anymore.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Well it wouldnt matter if its locked or not...they will smash your window to get your stuff....got no stuff...smash your window for their frustration that they didnt get anything.

Also kinda funny but you know Ipods are worthless when even the thieves leave it behind.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Charles Whitman II
Board Meister

Post by Charles Whitman II »

I disagree with the "leave the door unlocked" theory. Leave nothing in sight, and lock the doors.
"If you're going to be crazy, find a way to get paid for it, or they're gonna lock you up." - HST
dayton

Post by dayton »

When I was younger I was with a group and one guy seen the steam building on a window from a coffee so he broke a window to get it. I sure don't talk to him any more but wow was it ever a eye opener
cudavicious

Post by cudavicious »

I'm pretty sure this goes on more often than we like to think. Over the years I have only left my car unlocked a few times - since I usually park inside the garage and both times I left it outside accidentally unlocked someone has gone through it. Makes me wonder if someone goes around on a regular basis checking the vehicles. We have also had our truck broken into with one of those window tools and someone stole our gps/radar detector. Whether you leave it locked or unlocked - make sure to take your insurance payment details out of your vehicle. I left my payment sheet in with the insurance envelope and whoever went through my car knew enough to take the paper with my banking details on it. This was a couple years ago but just a heads up! Unfortunately I speak from experience....
KTMC

Post by KTMC »

Our vehicles have been "thefted" a few times now. We're a busy family and have two vehicles and sometimes a vehicles' locks get missed. We woke up one morning to find all the contents of my husband's work car strewn all over our carport and then we found his gas cards down the road. There was also a computer stolen. We think the ones breaking into things are kids because his vehicle was full of very expensive tools and they never touched them but took the gas cards and the tobacco products. The lady that lived at our residence before us had a rag top and her top was slashed twice. It got so bad at one time (we kept seeing footprints in the snow that went up to our vehicles) that we wanted to install a security system just to catch the little theiving S***s...
It seems that the thefts have stopped for the most part down on Webber so far, our vehicles have not been touched but we don't tend to leave stuff in the car either. But it still peeves you off when you realize that you have been vandalised in such a way.
Dear Life, I have a complete grasp on the fact that you are not fair... So please, quit teaching me that lesson!
Darlin06
Board Meister

Post by Darlin06 »

We also think it was children... As did the woman at the police station... They left some things that I thought for sure would have been taken..
Fact is, it doesn't matter whether they steal a pack of smokes, a pair of sunglasses or a stereo... That feeling you get is just awful...
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." ~ Ann Landers
morghoul

Post by morghoul »

welcome to the castanet forums where people have nothing better to do than argue over the correct usage of a word.

Sorry to hear about that! Glenrosa is really bad for that. My dad's car got broken into twice last winter and both times the thief stole jackets... I figure it must've been the same guy, and I figure they probably needed it more than we did because they were not NICE jackets....
MsCreants

Post by MsCreants »

Happened at my abode on Friday night. Little gems got my camera, nice bottle of cologne. Went through everything and generally left a mess. My wallet had no money in it and they didn't take my credit cards or any member(costco) cards so another blessing.

So if someone's neighbour's son/daughter, or your own for that matterr happens to be taking pic's with a "new" camera and smells lovely with a nice new bottle of Aqua Di Gio, please PM me and if all is returned I'll withdraw the police file that has the little genius' fingerprints on file as they left a pile of them on and in the vehicle.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Both our cars got hit Friday night as well. Also the neighbour across the street.
All they got from us was parking change.
However, we and the neighbour were sure we locked the cars. This darling must have a Slim Jim.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

I wonder if these guys are related to the egg throwing?
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

gardengirl wrote:Both our cars got hit Friday night as well. Also the neighbour across the street.
All they got from us was parking change.
However, we and the neighbour were sure we locked the cars. This darling must have a Slim Jim.

What part of Glenrosa for you gardengirl? I'm happy to keep our eyes peeled. We'll be doing the family of these kids a favour (I'm sure you're all correct in that assumption/conclusion) by catching them. Better they get caught by the police than find themselves on the receiving end of a boot from an angry car owner woken to the sound of someone rummaging through his/her stuff.

My young adult son had his car gone through one Friday night a couple years back and he chased some kids down the block with a bat (I'm really, really glad he didn't catch them). I have since tuned my son in regarding how bad it could have been for him had he actually assaulted one of these kids but I have to admit a small part of me wished someone would have clocked the idiots.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Check your PM.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Return to “Central Okanagan”