Westside Rd is brutal: Christy, help

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Westside Rd is brutal: Christy, help

Post by bob vernon »

Put tolls on it to raise the money to really fix the road. The technology exists now. Get 'er done. I'm sure it would go over well with her constituents.
fishonlineinlake

Post by fishonlineinlake »

That's not a bad idea. Money......Lives........Do the math.........Good call.
gmeikle
Fledgling

Post by gmeikle »

Lets put a 6 lane bypass to vernon to replace this road. Bypass all trucking thru the heart of kelowna.

Anything less than this would be a complete waste of money.....no point in spending millions to serve only a small percentage of the local population. Especially when the current road serves the locals just fine.

Fish....would you be in favor of a freeway ?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To fish ...

The better you are at winter driving the less dangerous Westside Road proves to be.

The more you practice winter driving the better you become at winter driving.

The same goes for marriage.

You never become perfect at either but as you get more experienced both pose less risk and become less problematic.
melscarandtruckrental
Fledgling

Post by melscarandtruckrental »

Donald G wrote:To fish ...

The better you are at winter driving the less dangerous Westside Road proves to be.

The more you practice winter driving the better you become at winter driving.

The same goes for marriage.

You never become perfect at either but as you get more experienced both pose less risk and become less problematic.

REALLY? My wife got way more experienced at marriage and then it became problematic for ME
Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think your an idiot than open it and confirm it !!!
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To melscarandtruckrental ...

But I am sure you were a much better winter driver??? So it evens out.
srazorcat

Post by srazorcat »

Lets get back to the road.......Anyway finally Christy stepped up to the plate.....Only 7 people are dead since she first mentioned it. This road is gotten so dangerous people are refusing to travel it.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

srazorcat ...

The number of accidents on a stretch of road generally identifies the condition of the drivers rather than anything to do with the condition of the road.

As far as refusing to use a piece of road, a driver has got to know his limitations. No problem.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

If people are refusing to drive on that road, why were there so many people driving on that road last time I was on it? I'd drive on it more if the speed limit were bumped up to 100 km/h, but right now the speed limit is too slow so it makes more sense to take 97 from Vernon to WK. If they keep adding traffic lights though, I will be taking Westside Rd. a little more often.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

It seems to me that there are far more accidents and people being injured and killed on the main highway between Kelowna and Vernon then there are (or ever were) on the "Brutal Westside Road".

Does that not lead one to the strong suggestion that NOT building up Westside Road is saving lives and preventing accidents?

aka: Roads and cars do not cause accidents. Drivers cause accidents.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

srazorcat wrote:Lets get back to the road.......Anyway finally Christy stepped up to the plate.....Only 7 people are dead since she first mentioned it. This road is gotten so dangerous people are refusing to travel it.

Uhuh and how many have died locally on Hwy 97 this year alone?

Oh and how many of the Westside Road fatalities were three sheets to the wind at the time?
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

One of the worst roads in the province according to surveys conducted by BCAA will be getting a major facelift.

Premier Christy Clark used a gravel pit in West Kelowna as a back drop on Friday to announce an investment of $45M over the next five years to make Westside Road safer.
Castanet
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

srazorcat wrote: This road is gotten so dangerous people are refusing to travel it.

It's not dangerous if driven properly. Those that are refusing to do so might be just as well off staying away from it. I love driving that road.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

It is sure nice to have the Premier of the Province representing the area. Direct access to the "central control mechanism" that decides financial issues. The Kelowna area has not had it so good since the Bennetts were representing this area.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#124123

"Resurfacing the northern segment of Westside Road will benefit commuters to and from the Vernon area, and provide a smoother more comfortable ride for residents, tourists and everyone who is headed to the variety of recreational sites along Okanagan Lake," says MLA Greg Kyllo.
Can see the locals not being impressed with the slowing down of traffic considering the average speed is 80 in a 60.

Return to “Central Okanagan”