Mount Boucherie Secondary

JustPeacheyKeen

Mount Boucherie Secondary

Post by JustPeacheyKeen »

To the teachers and staff of Mount Boucherie Secondary,

I am writing this letter as a way to show my appreciation for the institution that made me who I am today. I attended Mt. Boucherie for three years, and never once was I anything but proud to be a Boucherie Bear. For that, I owe you, and I want to thank you. Every teacher I ever encountered taught me a lesson of some sort. Whether it was an English poem study that revealed something about myself, or a killer workout that improved my mental and physical strength, I always felt that someone passionate and caring was teaching me. As a result of the wonderful teachers I met at Mt. Boo, I am now at university getting a degree to become a teacher so that I can touch someone’s life in the way that you touched mine. If you do not know the impact that you have on your student’s lives, I am sorry that we have failed in not telling you this. I knew students that would only go to class, because their teacher would be disappointed if they didn’t. I knew students who only graduated, because there was a teacher that believed in and encouraged them. I cannot tell you the amount of friends that I have, which found their passion with the guidance of an encouraging teacher. You taught us so much more than your respective subjects, you taught us how to be positive and contributing members of society.

However, the community of Mt. Boo is composed of much more than just the teachers. To the office staff, I’m not sure I could have afforded university, had you not been there to return my lost wallet, every time. I knew that no matter what I needed, I could walk in to the office and meet a smiling face. As the office is the first place a visitor to the school goes, this is essential, and you deserve so much more credit than you get from students. As well, the custodial staff was more a part of our community than any school I’ve ever been to. Because I know that you do not hear this nearly enough, thank you. Thank you for making our hallways as clean as they are, thank you for letting us in to the building when we forget our textbooks, thank you for being so understanding when we host events…. even when this means hundreds of streamers all over the floor, thank you for not running us over with the Zamboni, even though it looks quite tempting. To Mrs. Mclachlan, Mrs. Gonzales, the outstanding counselors, all the CEA’s, and all the other support staff Mt. Boo is lucky enough to have, thank you. Thank you for the constant reminders, the peace of mind, and all the amazing opportunities you have been able to offer us. It’s because of you that Boucherie students leave with, not just a diploma, but also a solid base to start their lives on. To acknowledge the last group of our Boucherie community, thank you to all the admins. Thank you for the endless hours you put in for us. Thank you for being there to keep us in line, even when all we wanted was to sleep. Most of all, thank you for representing us, the students, in all that you did.

In truth, I owe a thank you to every person that I encountered during my high school career, for each and every single one of you influenced the way that I live my life now. As I move on through my life, I will meet new people and learn new things, but I will never forget where I came from and whom I owe my success to. To the people of Mount Boucherie, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Sincerely, an appreciative graduate

Jasmine Peachey
Last edited by JustPeacheyKeen on Oct 10th, 2013, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Mount Boucherie Secondary

Post by mexi cali »

I hate that there is even a small part of me that read this with skepticism. I sincerely hope that you are exactly who you say you are.

Based on the nature of your letter which was extremely well written, you could have finished with your name.

I will for the sake of my own appreciation of what you wrote express my thanks to you for standing out and speaking so highly of the school and it's leaders.

I have 3 who were fortunate enough to have experienced all that you write of and I am grateful for the same reasons.

My kids are all doing well. They have very fond memories of Mt. Boo and I am thankful to have had the very good fortune of having this school as the school that my kids attended.

They and we will look back on your school fondly. For now and forever.

Thank you
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Very nice and nicely written, too.

Sounds like some future kids are going to have a peachy-keen teacher. Good for you!
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Beautiful.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Trustee Moyra Baxter

Post by Trustee Moyra Baxter »

It was great to read such an endorsement of Mt Boucherie Secondary School. I know that we have to keep working to make all our schools, including Mt B, places where all students can learn, feel safe, and be encouraged to be the best they can be, but it is heartening to receive positive comments as well as hearing the concerns.

Thanks

Return to “Central Okanagan”