Peachland baby with perforated bowel and CF

mexi cali
Guru

Peachland baby with perforated bowel and CF

Post by mexi cali »

Does anyone know of any fund raising efforts that are planned for this family that will happen before the 27th?

I have some really good Dixie Chicks tickets I would donate as a raffle item if they will help.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Peachland baby with perforated bowel and CF

Post by rustled »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Does anyone know of any fund raising efforts that are planned for this family that will happen before the 27th?

I have some really good Dixie Chicks tickets I would donate as a raffle item if they will help.

Nice, Mexicalidreamer! Have you seen the Castanet story about the fundraiser Nov. 2 at Whiski-Jacks?
http://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelowna/100501/Fundraiser-to-help-Nate

Bet they could use the tickets in their silent auction.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I did but the tickets are for the 27th. I called them and even suggested that they have an in house raffle but the process to get a license to do the raffle won't allow it in time.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

mexicalidreamer wrote:I did but the tickets are for the 27th. I called them and even suggested that they have an in house raffle but the process to get a license to do the raffle won't allow it in time.

Drat, I missed that. Lack of caffeine.

I've never used eBay, but you might be able to generate some interest there.

Didn't a woman come up with a story about selling her kid's tickets because her was kid misbehaving, and make a small fortune?

I wonder if you could get some kind of endorsement from the people doing the fundraiser on the 2nd, post the tickets for sale on eBay with "all proceeds to Nate's fund." Maybe the local media would help let folk know.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
RacerChic
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by RacerChic »

call the Beer Store at Whiski Jacks. Viv was a long time employee there,,,,,,,,I will not be here for the fundraiser, so went last week and dropped off my donation. The bar staff appeared to have no information about it, but all said, go ask the beer store. Travis or Troy for SURE would know.
Im sure the weekend band would be into selling draw tickets for the concert. What a nice gesture!
I swear some people slipped into the gene pool that had no lifEguard.
marooned
Board Meister

Post by marooned »

Maybe there's some way you can tie the donation of the tickets to the Fundrazr site they have set up.

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/3chzc?ps ... re__226qn4
kazanddarin

Post by kazanddarin »

Thanks for your generous offer!! I am going to be seeing one of the organizers of the event tonight, so let me get this information to her and we will find a way to promote this as an on-line auction. Maybe through the event page on Facebook? We will be back in touch soon, thanks again for helping Nate & his family!

Return to “Central Okanagan”