Westlake Road & Hwy 97

Rascie

Re: Westlake Road & Hwy 97

Post by Rascie »

Fancy wrote:Maybe a roundabout there?

That could definitely come in handy. That intersection is extremely dangerous, as there are always buses blocking the view of cars which are blindly driving into intersections, while kids cross at crosswalks at the same time. It's only a matter of time, as well, before something bad happens there. Or maybe it has already?
kumazatheef
Board Meister

Post by kumazatheef »

dodgerdodge wrote:Why would they do that when they could choose Bartley with its advanced turn as you say or Ross Rd which is always quiet. Doesn't make sense if they drive along Stevens then have to turn right and join the long line up at Westlake. The only reason i see people doing that is if the highway is backed up.

Your guess is as good as mine … but I do find it funny when I see someone go down Stevens Rd, and I take the highway, then I see them waiting at the light at Westlake Rd as I fly by on the highway … perception of saving time, and all of which amounts to a few seconds when the lights on the Kelowna side bring everyone together again anyway.
Joe Public
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Joe Public »

Roundabouts will never come to the highway.

Remember that the goal of the MOTI is to move traffic down the highway as quickly as possible, notto provide business or residential access. The problem with Kelowna over the past decades, and now the problem with West Kelowna, is that the cities believed that the highways were city arterial routes for the cities, which they are not. The city needs to build a series of arterial frontage roads parallel to the highway to access the businesses along the highway, with less access to the highway than we see now.

Return to “Central Okanagan”