Man loses control of vehicle in parking lot

omisimaw
Guru

Re: Man loses control of vehicle in parking lot

Post by omisimaw »

It is not just the fact that a person suffers from a condition, such as anxiety or even depression, but what effects the medications have on those persons....

But yes it is yet another non age specific illness that can and does have consequences ....
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

kgcayenne wrote:Here is another thing that is not necessarily an age factor:

There appears to be an increasing number of people being diagnosed with 'anxiety' these days, which begs the question: how anxious is too anxious to be on the road?

Easy, if the drivers knuckles are white whenever gripping a steering wheel, they'd be doing everyone else on the road a service by using public transit. 8-P
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

I can't recall the last time I had an oldie riding my bumper, leapfrogging through traffic and getting nowhere faster, vibrating behind the wheel all the way. The "me firsts" are a different generation and seem to have never learned how to drive responsibly and respectfully to begin with. Running red lights has taken over from running ambers, not allowing merging in order to keep someone from getting ahead is pretty much normal for these morons. Aggressive driving matches the way they talk about how much better they are and how everyone else that's in their way can't drive. These offenders need to step back and take a look at the big picture, however that will never happen due to the attitude instilled in them. Mandatory testing at 55, 65 or whatever? Bet the tune will be changed when the proponents of that one are within a couple of years of the testing age. Most of them couldn't pass the test at 30 or 40. The odd geezer that gets their pedals mixed up seems to get the big press and scorn of the masses these days, but the real problem is elsewhere in the populace. There will be accidents in all age groups, that's a given. However there sure seems to be a lot of rollovers, intersection crashes and rear-enders with younger and middle-aged "drivers" these days. If we have to create more bureaucracy, lets target it to get the habitually bad drivers in all age groups off the road.
I birn quil I se
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Randall T wrote:The "me firsts" are a different generation and seem to have never learned how to drive responsibly and respectfully to begin with. Running red lights has taken over from running ambers, not allowing merging in order to keep someone from getting ahead is pretty much normal for these morons. .

Guess who taught them how to drive? It wasn't their peers.

Dad is nearly always the culprit for a young drivers bad behavior, unknowingly Dad has been teaching the kids how to drive since they were pre-teens. Middle-age men drive agressively as well, not stupidly, but definitely 'keeping control' of merging, accelerating to make it through lights, etc...

My Dad taught me my bad habits, and after 12 years of driving I'm finally getting out of them... but to be honest driving a Company Vehicle has made me lose my bad habits more than time has!
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Nearly all kids today are taught by a driving school! The parents may lend their car and do some training as well along the way but the insurance break and schools have long since been the preferred parenting method!
And if you have ever been behind one of these classrooms on wheels you will quickly find out that the instructors are not all that great at their jobs....
Certainly would not be a bad idea to extend the number of hours someone has to take professional lessons before even getting a license, no matter what age the NEWBIE is....
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Nearly all kids today are taught by a driving school!

Got any stats to back up that wild claim? Prove it.

I think the opposite is true.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Can't find stats for BC but overall only about 10% take driver training.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Driving school/lessons are a tiny portion of the picture. Common sense is what lacks in 90% of the morons on the road right now.

I leave as much distance as I reasonably can between myself and the car ahead of me through town. What do I get in return? Some jackass riding my bumper because that 50' of distance ahead of me is going to make him late for work? His solution, pass me (most likely with a cell phone in ahead, otherwise he'd flip the bird) and then jam himself in front my car. Problem solved!

I've already put 100k on my 2012 car, so I've seen a fair bit in these parts. From my experience the worst offenders by far are women (late 30s to early 40s) and men around 60. I wish I didn't drive alone so much. The pictures I could get of these losers.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Get six months off graduated licensing

Driver training can help get you your full licence sooner. If you take an ICBC –approved (GLP) driver training course, and are a safe driver with no at-fault crashes, driving violations or prohibitions, you could receive six months off your N stage. You could also get three high school credits.

Your approved driver training course must be completed within a one year period from start to finish while in the learner stage of GLP.

Good incentive to take the course!
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

omisimaw wrote:Nearly all kids today are taught by a driving school!

My kid wasnt.
Nor were any of her friends.

But, because you said it, you are right.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

My old man taught me how to drive....

He was wrong too... Professional drivers and old firemen don't know what they're doing...

Ironically , after 2 million accident free miles , he was killed in an MVA by a young , healthy driver who didn't know the gas pedal from the brake....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-101898-3-.htm#101898

female, 30 yrs of age..... so it appears you do not need to be an old fart to hop curbs with a vehicle and do a ton of damage including injuries... and this chickadee did it real proud... 4 of VPD's finest on a break! Well done youngin'
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Two days in a row where I've seen seniors who should NOT be driving any more. Both had no clue how a 4 way stop worked, and the one kept tapping the brake while driving down a straight road 5k below the limit. Time to hang up those keys old timer...

omisimaw wrote:Nearly all kids today are taught by a driving school!

Err no, they aren't. Even if they were, what you need to know to pass that driving test and what you need to know to drive properly are two very different things. But at least the new drivers are being tested, how good were the driving tests 50 years ago? I'd wager pretty crummy.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

LOL guess you would have to ask someone who took an exam 50 years ago!
bottom line is there are some real valuable incentives to take the driving lessons..
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Driving lessons cost 3x more than they did 23 years ago. That's a significant deterrent for a lot of folks.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

Return to “Central Okanagan”