Cycle Logic Justice Travesty

beancounter
Board Meister

Re: Cycle Logic Justice Travesty

Post by beancounter »

This is a bad joke - and they are the only ones laughing. Why can't they at least get these guys on tax evasion? The penalties for that are far worse than the slap on the wrists they are handed for dope or theft.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Treblehook wrote:There is definitely something very wrong here with the Crown asking for a conditional discharge!! It does not add up. The police said at the time of the raid on the shop in West Kelowna, that the operation was associated with the Hell's Angels here and from Alberta and that the value of stolen property was very substantial. And then he was busted again while awaiting disposition on the Cycle Logic charges. Seems organized crime does pay in this jurisdiction. The prosecutor in this case ought to be compelled to explain his or herself. Disgusting. Maybe the creep cut a deal eh.

It's pretty obvious that there is something wrong with this sentence!
Someone cut a deal, or got paid off.

Again, another fine outstanding cockroach criminal gets away with literally nothing for a sentence.
If I didn't know any better, I'd say it seems like Johnny's Lawyer charged enough to pay off some other people at the same time.
This sentence is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!

Do you think we will ever find out the true goods?
old boy
Fledgling

Post by old boy »

The "sentence" is absolutely disgusting!! Lets hope someone reviews this case and appeals this ridiculous "sentence"!
What a joke,only in Canada!!
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Once people lose faith in the justice system it is not long before anarchy reigns. Justice is not a machine produced product. It is a simple pact between men in black and the amount of justice produced is a reflection of the integrity, ability, intelligence and committment of the men involved.

Each member of the public will have to decide for themselves if the men in black that produced this sentence were dishonest, afraid to do their jobs, or just plain inept. There is no way in hell that the sentence can be justified unless the accused played a DETERMINING role in finding others guilty of much more serious offences against unidentified people.

THE JUDGE DOES NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT ANY PLEA ARRANGEMENT UNLESS HE/SHE AGREES WITH IT.

Anyone still wonder why our youth are losing faith in or justice system? And why some of them can justify committing crimes or joining criminal drug gangs when they read sentenced like this? The honest youth are even being called fools bu the criminal element for not going after the easy mony.

I am personally outraged that even this reprehensible action by the men in black does NOT bring the system of justice into disrepute according to the judicial interpretation of the charter. Only the actions of the police can do so.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

You are quite right as far as I know about the presiding judge not being compelled to accept the agreed upon penalty between defense council and the crown attorney... particularly if the judge feels such an agreed upon penalty is apt to bring the administration of justice into disrepute. Is there any question that the administration of justice has been brought into disrepute in this instance? I think not. Finally, I don't think this plea bargained penalty was the result of a deficiency in the investigation or of the evidence available for prosecution. If the crown was trying to protect the identity of an informant or witness, there is no way the accused would be pleading guilty... they would be forcing a trial in an attempt to identify the "rat", in which case the prosecutor would be forced to produce the witness or stay the proceedings. Neither happened. It is more likely this deal was centered around the charged person himself as has been suggested by someone else in an earlier post. I think we all ought to be sending emails to the Minister of Justice for BC to complain about and/or to seek an explanation for this travesty. I am going to do just that!!! Hell, this is simply an insult to the community our system of justice is supposed to serve.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Sounds to me like it was a big envelope of cash that the authoritive parties got to dip their beaks into.
Wouldn't surprise me for a second.
And the truth will never be known.

I'm gonna go to 7-11 and steal some ice cream.
I'll call crimestoppers and turn myself in.
Maybe they'll give me a thousand bucks.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Bman wrote:Sounds to me like it was a big envelope of cash that the authoritive parties got to dip their beaks into.
Wouldn't surprise me for a second.
And the truth will never be known.

I have to agree with you!
If you have enough money, you can pretty much get away with anything.

Now, just don't steal anything from anywhere, it's not like you!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

looks like the judge in this case should also be going to jail,there is no way in hell he is not on the take
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

I feel better now having written my letter to the Provincial Justice Minister.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

so when the judge "expressed" his disgust and stated it's absolutely appalling." we can presume then he was talking about himself for accepting this plea bargain ???? how can this judge get away with this sentence ??
sassybee
Board Meister

Post by sassybee »

Pretty obvious this whole thing is a HUGE joke. Criminal wins again..... It doesn't pay to be the upstanding citizen anymore. Anybody can be a criminal with no consequences.
However, I would think Mr. Newcombe will have to be looking over his shoulders for a very very long time, given the "company" he'd been keeping. That kind of "company" don't usually let things slide as easily as that judge did today.
He may be getting a different kind of justice further down the road. Wouldn't surprise me.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

sassybee wrote:Pretty obvious this whole thing is a HUGE joke. Criminal wins again..... It doesn't pay to be the upstanding citizen anymore. Anybody can be a criminal with no consequences.
However, I would think Mr. Newcombe will have to be looking over his shoulders for a very very long time, given the "company" he'd been keeping. That kind of "company" don't usually let things slide as easily as that judge did today.
He may be getting a different kind of justice further down the road. Wouldn't surprise me.

Nah, who do you think paid for all this anyway. Just the cost of doing business.
drex1999
Board Meister

Post by drex1999 »

What is the value of 14 stolen vehicles? Probably over $250,000
drex1999
Board Meister

Post by drex1999 »

I stand corrected. From *bleep*

"Officers seized more than $750,000 worth of stolen goods including motorcycles, pickup trucks, trailers and ATVs."
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

On one hand we have judges who frequently find that a technical mistake by a police officer "brings the system of justice into disrepute" and lets the accused criminal go free.

In this case we have a judge and two lawyers wilfully participating in a "deal" to let the accused go all but free and it does NOT, in their personal opinion, bring the system of justice into disrepute?

Why is it that the actions of the men in black can NOT bring the system of justice into disrepute when it is clearly identified that they can and do participate in "deals" that are clearly reprehensible to the public at large.

Return to “Central Okanagan”