Cycle Logic Justice Travesty

Poindexter
Guru

Re: Cycle Logic Justice Travesty

Post by Poindexter »

No biggie - we'll catch him again in a road block on the bridge.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

sassybee wrote:Wasn't this guy just in the news again a few months ago, for being caught with stolen vehicles on his property in Peachland? I thought it was somewhere on Beach ave. So we have a court date, but then we continue to do the same "business" at another location?

Yes he had relocated residences after the first bust there and was awaiting trial when the second bust on Beach Ave revealed more criminal acts including two more more valuable long missing stolen cars in the garage there. Have to wonder where he had those during the first couple of busts and how he managed to move them to the final location.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

There is definitely something very wrong here with the Crown asking for a conditional discharge!! It does not add up. The police said at the time of the raid on the shop in West Kelowna, that the operation was associated with the Hell's Angels here and from Alberta and that the value of stolen property was very substantial. And then he was busted again while awaiting disposition on the Cycle Logic charges. Seems organized crime does pay in this jurisdiction. The prosecutor in this case ought to be compelled to explain his or herself. Disgusting. Maybe the creep cut a deal eh.
drex1999
Board Meister

Post by drex1999 »

" ...the Crown has the communities interest at heart...."

LOL! Sounds like the crown has their own interest at heart, payable in small denominations in a plain white envelope
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

so can or will the Court of Appeal step in and change this too lenient sentence ??? I mean wow...the guy practically (did ??) laughed at the law by breaching his probation already...so a person can have a chop shop, deal with known crimnial organizations, and be in possession of some coke and he gets to go home and watch TV for the next 9mths ???? unreal...
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

It's appalling. I'm sure he and the rest if the thugs out there are laughing their azzes off at the system.
And people wonder why there's crime.
It's because it's lucrative and they can get away with it.
If our forefathers knew they were dying for a country that would become this they woulda laid down their arms and surrendered.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

This sentence is just disgusting!

Why do we even bother? Might as well just let the crooks stay in business.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Zazzle

Post by Zazzle »

Wow, just pathetic. It costs more money to have a DUI than it does to run a chop shop apparently.
tylo

Post by tylo »

What a joke our Canadian Justice System has become.

Can you imagine how frustrating and disheartening this must be for all the police who spent countless hours investigating these crimes?
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Raven1 »

For a deal like this to go down, there was something amiss in the investigation that would have been exposed through trial.

I'd be willing to bet it has something to do with protecting witnesses indentity, perhaps undercover officers involved in the investigation, hard to say.......but clearly the system had something important to lose in trial.

It's not always about the money
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

westside105 wrote:so can or will the Court of Appeal step in and change this too lenient sentence ??? I mean wow...the guy practically (did ??) laughed at the law by breaching his probation already...so a person can have a chop shop, deal with known crimnial organizations, and be in possession of some coke and he gets to go home and watch TV for the next 9mths ???? unreal...

A appeal of the sentence would have to be initiated by either crown or defense and they were the ones who agreed to it.

Read the news item, the judge said that he would have expected to sentence Newcome to two years.

I think the missing element is the fact that this was a retail operation being the front to a criminal operation. That should have factored into a much heavier sentence. Then the accused is caught with drugs while awaiting his trial, joke.

But in this case I think the joke sentence is on crown, not the guy "in the black robe".

Anyone who thinks the HAs are just some MC enthusiasts should take note of this shop.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
VoiceOfReason
Fledgling

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Interesting that they named the Judge, who claims to have 'gagged' when delivering the sentence, but not the name of The Crown Attorney who took the plea. Anyone know the name of this person who is 'protecting the Community'?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Raven1 wrote:For a deal like this to go down, there was something amiss in the investigation that would have been exposed through trial.

I'd be willing to bet it has something to do with protecting witnesses indentity, perhaps undercover officers involved in the investigation, hard to say.......but clearly the system had something important to lose in trial.

It's not always about the money

You might be partially right, "A deal like this." You figure it out, wonder what kind was made. Maybe if he was incarcerated he wouldn't walk out...

I smell something....it's not fishy.
susyq
Fledgling

Post by susyq »

Is it not logical that he is giving the police some kind of info about others involved?? Turning on his accomplices to beat going to jail..... Happens all the time..... He will look over his shoulder for the rest of his life..... Just sayin'....
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

What he did was nothing compared to this bad *bleep*!

http://news.yahoo.com/nun-gets-nearly-3 ... 07850.html

I know that's the States, but still...
They say you can't believe everything they say.

Return to “Central Okanagan”