Cycle Logic Justice Travesty

W105
Guru

Re: Cycle Logic Justice Travesty

Post by W105 »

hey Donald G, since you have alot of knowledge about canadian law..this is what agent K wrote in a comment on his blog...

I personally have a very hard time believing Newcome would be cooperating with the police. If he is pretending to he’d likely be only giving them information he was authorized to do so. Like how one blog reader recently claimed it’s common for someone convicted of a crime to confess to something else he didn’t do to take the fall for someone else since it’s unlikely the new additional sentence would be served consecutively it would be served concurrently. Which means they get sentenced for something else but it is served at the same time as their original sentence not after the other sentence.

Since Rob Thomas and Norm Cocks have already been sentenced for manslaughter, it’s quite possible they will be told to take the fall for the stolen car ring because that sentence would be served while they serve their current sentence not after it’s finished. However, it’s quite likely Rob Thomas was involved in that stolen car ring as well.

could this be why this pathetic sentence was given ???
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Hassel99 wrote:Donald, IMO the only way to protect society is to protect the accused. I think we disagree on what exactly we are protecting society from. Due Process is the hallmark of a civilized Society.

But common sense should be and protecting the innocent should be a priority and in the case of guys like this basically getting caught red handed, this is where common sense steps in.

And to your point; if "innocent until proven guilty" ( due process) were in fact the hallmark then there would never be a case where a "presumed" innocent individual was remanded in custody until trial and that happens all the time.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

If the reason that this reprehensible "deal" was made was the protection of a police informant who could be seriously harmed or killed if he/she was recognized this is only one in a long line of such "happenings" that can be laid directly at the feet of PET and the men in black.

After the rewriting and reinterpretation of the Bill of Rights (aka Charter) our illustrious judges decided that the world of theoretical law determined that any such informant HAD to testify in open court where he/she could be recognized by the criminals he/she was testifying against.

Another one of the many ways that the men in black have bastardized the law to assist criminals at an additional cost to public safety. Also another example of theory vs reality.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Westside 105 ...

I appreciate your vote of confidence but please treat any comments I make about the law with a grain of salt. The rewriting and interpretation of our Bill of Rights (aka Charter) and maneuvering carried out in our Criminal Court System are two areas that I have long had an interest in because of the way PET and his lawyer friends managed to drastically change our system of justice to curb police powers and given the judiciary dictatorial powers.

There are any number of possibilities presented by the complete miscarriage of justice that resulted from the investigation into the chop shop. Every one of them are beneficial to the criminal element and not in any way helpful to society.

Unless caught red handed it is customary for a gang underling to be told to take the fall. Rest assured that whatever was the cause of the vomit that passed as a sentence it is in the past. Gang lawyers often use forcing "informant identification" in open court as a lever to force crown to deal. Witness protection, which is the only alternative, is extremely expensive and tenuous.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Donald wrote:.............please treat any comments I make about the law with a grain of salt. The rewriting and interpretation of our Bill of Rights (aka Charter) ...........
.........Gang lawyers often use forcing "informant identification" in open court as a lever to force crown to deal. Witness protection, which is the only alternative, is extremely expensive and tenuous.

The Charter is not a rewriting of the Bill of Rights, so yes it would be a good idea

Do we know there was an informant ? This could just be police driven. Most of the details of the investigation would have been given to the defense a long time ago. Full disclosure is required by the crown.

For those accounting the amount of property, Cyclelogic has been around for quite a while, if the truth were known I'm sure the amount of stolen property is many times more.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

And to your point; if "innocent until proven guilty" ( due process) were in fact the hallmark then there would never be a case where a "presumed" innocent individual was remanded in custody until trial and that happens all the time.

Apples and oranges.... the presumption of innocence is not the issue upon which bail is decided. There might be some truth in the comment about organized crime types copping pleas to offenses they were not involved in and serving concurrent sentences, but unlikely that is the case here with Newcombe getting such a nothing sentence. The bottom line is these criminals who belong to organized crime groups and their associates are able to play games with our judicial system because our system allows and tolerates it. If the community was vocal enough in their outrage, when ridiculous sentences are handed to criminals as in this instance, perhaps [PERHAPS] the people within the judiciary would think twice before failing society in this manner.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To my5cents ...

You can call the Charter something new and completely separate from the Diefenbaker Bill of Rights if you like. As long as you fully realize that the (new?) Charter simply modified and extended the relative powers of the judiciary and severely curbed the powers of the police becuase of the way it was reinterpreted by the judiciary in its rewritten form.

Are you aware that PET hand picked and appointed judges to insure that the powers of the judciary were significantly expanded in terms of many of the rules of evidence that cause criminal court outcomes as noted. The largest heroin shipment ever seized in Saskatchewan and a drug gang firearms stash in Vancouver were dismissed SOLELY as a result of the new interpretation of our Bill of Rights/Charter by the men in black. Theory over reality.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Following a strict rule of "innocent until proven guilty" when it comes to bail is another excellent example of theory vs reality that is so in vogue in our criminal courts as a result of the rewriting and reinterpretation of our Canadian Bill of Rights as the Charter.

Perhaps someone could explain that to the three dead children in Merritt whose father was repeatedly released on bail by a judge against the documented objections of the police. Mr Lee, who also killed members of his family after being released on bail, would also like to thank the judiciary for adhering to their THEORY of justice when reality, in both cases should have dictated otherwise.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

You guys are so funny!

Light sentence? THEY TURNED HIM.

Justice travesty? This is how it's done.

Over 50% of the Hells Angels are working for the RCMP to further their own end, totally corrupt "sell your brother out for cash" backstabbers and this is how the RCMP have to deal with these loser drug dealers. Plea's, deals and turn people ratt.

Someone smell cheese? House arrest and whispering in someones ear for the next 9 months!
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

There needs to be a way to hold those accountable for their action and/or decisions. I would think that the lawyers and judges would like to straighten out all the BS quietly behind closed doors before it hits the fan in a big way.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

I'm not saying the Charter is perfect by a long shot and yes when the "the person in the black robe has his or her shot at misinterpreting the law,,,,

When you factor in BC's Crown Charge approval, the Bail Reform Act, the Charter, sentencing guidelines, mandatory release, it's pretty sad.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Atomoa ...

When anyone associated to the Hells Angels is arrested and either not charged or given a light sentence you can rest assured that they have, shortly thereafter, been thoroughly questioned by the powers that be in the gang.

A trip to intensive care or even the morgue is common for those who fail "the test". I know of one instance where a persons hand was chopped off and kept in a pickle jar as a visible reminder to those who, regardless of the circumstances, are thought to have talked to the police. Severe beatings are part of the 'probing' conversation.

A cop saying thanks to one member of a gang in front of a second member is a sure way to generate an instant reaction.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Donald G wrote:To Atomoa ...

When anyone associated to the Hells Angels is arrested and either not charged or given a light sentence you can rest assured that they have, shortly thereafter, been thoroughly questioned by the powers that be in the gang.

A trip to intensive care or even the morgue is common for those who fail "the test". I know of one instance where a persons hand was chopped off and kept in a pickle jar as a visible reminder to those who, regardless of the circumstances, are thought to have talked to the police. Severe beatings are part of the 'probing' conversation.

A cop saying thanks to one member of a gang in front of a second member is a sure way to generate an instant reaction.

Police never pull that "Thanks, you were right!" to a $hitrat...that just wouldn't be right. The other one is pull one out of cells for a smoke break. Later give them special treatment. It sure makes the others wonder!!

They all want a deal, they truly do not think jails a piece of cake.
drex1999
Board Meister

Post by drex1999 »

Ken, can you share your opinion on how somebody can have 3/4 of a million dollars in stolen goods and get sentenced to watch Wheel of Fortune on his couch when I could get jail time for shooting the neighbour's cat in the *bleep* with a pellet when it takes a crap in my back yard and receive more fines talking on my cel phone twice while driving?
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

so as the owner of Cycle Logic, I wonder if he got audited by the CRA ??? since he was selling stolen property I would assume every tax return filed would be considered fraudulent..?? for the love of god , owing the CRA and having them destroy your life (for hopefully many yrs to come) is the very least the government can do to Mr Lucky/Newcome here....

Return to “Central Okanagan”