What's with the lights at Ross Road?

deeball

What's with the lights at Ross Road?

Post by deeball »

Is there a reason that the lights on the highway at Ross Road are constantly red in the early hours every morning? I commute between 4:30am and 5am, there are no cars trying to get across and as soon as it turns green on the highway the ambers immediately start flashing for it to turn red again. Is this purposely to slow traffic or is it a glitch? It's actually pretty annoying to sit there on the highway waiting for it to turn green when nobody is even around!
Steve-O
Übergod

Re: What's with the lights at Ross Road?

Post by Steve-O »

Same time I go to work and had noticed that as well. Daimler was doing this earlier in the year and I emailed MoT and they took care of it, apparently a sensor was sticking up out of the road. I was going to email regarding the Ross light but it seemed fine this morning. I'm off the next week or so. If it is acting up look up the area manager on the MoT site and fire him an email.

Actually, I was able to find his address, I'll PM it to you.
deeball

Post by deeball »

Thanks! It happened again for me this morning
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

What a pain that light is. It's like its backwards. I sit on the hyw almost every morning with no one crossing the Ross rd intersection. Fix it please!!
Ali Gator
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ali Gator »

The lights changed for us last night at about 10PM and for no reason. Stopped all the traffic on the road for about five minutes. This light must be set up wrong.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

It happens every morning. Today at 5 am. I'm sure the commercial truck beside me was thrilled to have to stop for no one.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

Again this morning. 5 am. Not a car in sight. I did not wait for the green.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

Every morning for the past week it is red. When no one is around I just drive through it. I'm sick of it. E-mails get no response. I'm sure the loaded transport truck enjoyed his stop for no reason this morning. It's seems to be backwards. It remains red for hyw traffic.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Yep. 4:40ish am for me. I'm firing off an email to Murray in a few minutes.

And Ya, the lights through town at that time are annoying as all git out when a car pulls up from a feeder road and the lights on Harvey go red right away. I did bring this up with MoT because a second car can trigger these lights almost immediately after the first has gone. MoT said there is a 15 second minimum for Harvey. That seems quite short for me given Harvey is the main drag and still has a fair bit of traffic during the early hours. My humble opinion is that it is not unreasonable for someone coming off a feeder road - Ethel, Ellis, Spall, etc - to wait a short time before getting the go ahead.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

Yup. Again this morning. I was there about the same time as you were. A commercial truck was stopped also...... for no one. That's 10 days straight stopping on the hwy. at Ross rd. the lights through kelowna are bad. One car pulls up on the side street and bang. Light changes on the hwy. for one car!
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

Hahahaa thought it was just our bad luck coming home the hockey game last night.
deeball

Post by deeball »

Sent off an email to the MoT and they said it doesn't seem right and that they will have the operation checked. We'll see how long that takes them....

Return to “Central Okanagan”