McDonalds drive thru-THANKS!

jo2002

McDonalds drive thru-THANKS!

Post by jo2002 »

To the lady in front of me this morning at the McDonalds drive thru, not sure if you read these or not, but I just wanted to Thank you for your kindness this morning in paying for my order, that was so nice of you! It was indeed a great surprise! In turn I paid for the persons order behind me, hopefully your act of kindness continued thereafter! Have a beautiful day kind soul!!!
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Re: McDonalds drive thru-THANKS!

Post by GoStumpy »

Those really are great mornings! I had this happen at Tim Hortons as well :)
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

jo2002 wrote:To the lady in front of me this morning at the McDonalds drive thru, not sure if you read these or not, but I just wanted to Thank you for your kindness this morning in paying for my order, that was so nice of you! It was indeed a great surprise! In turn I paid for the persons order behind me, hopefully your act of kindness continued thereafter! Have a beautiful day kind soul!!!

Wow, what a great idea. The next time I'm in a drive thru line and I see a pretty girl behind me I'm going to pay for her meal and then I'm going to park to see if she parks beside me to thank me. You never know how what a kind gesture and a little chit chat might lead to.
Ktown girl

Post by Ktown girl »

that also happened to me as well.........but in Brandts Creek Pub, a few of us went out from work.....never thought that a total stranger picked up the meal and drink tab........it was awesome for sure....I did find out who did it.....but never thought of hooking up and talking with the guy.
I should of went over and bought him a drink, you never know what might of happened.........kind of like a dating site....meeting up with a stranger unexpected and you never know.........life can be a surprise.
there are good people out there......
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

dittles wrote:that also happened to me as well.........but in Brandts Creek Pub, a few of us went out from work.....never thought that a total stranger picked up the meal and drink tab........it was awesome for sure....I did find out who did it.....but never thought of hooking up and talking with the guy.
I should of went over and bought him a drink, you never know what might of happened.........kind of like a dating site....meeting up with a stranger unexpected and you never know.........life can be a surprise.
there are good people out there......

Dittles.......there is a difference between a McDonald drive thru and being in a bar environment. You expect this in a pub and it happens all the time. Now, I'm just waiting for a women to buy me a McRib and I'll be the happiest person in the world.
jo2002

Post by jo2002 »

Well Straight Shooter, that's just a little bit sad you want to pick up women that way :( LOL! Anyway I went through that drive thru again the other morning (I'm addicted to the coffee and muffin deal) and the same cashier told me that was a awesome morning, apparently this woman's act of kindness went on for about 6 other cars behind me paying for each others orders. :)
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

jo2002 wrote:Well Straight Shooter, that's just a little bit sad you want to pick up women that way :( LOL!

Yes, your right jo2002, pretty sad indeed. But you know what I will try that the next time I'm in a drive thru line-up just because it is a kind thing to do and put a smile on someone's face.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

It's happened to me before (Tim's on Enterprise). I like paying it forward as well. But you just pray that the guy behind you isn't ordering coffee and sandwiches for the whole office.

As far as pulling over to stop and talk to the person who paid, I'm not really into that. I think if you want to anonymously pay for someone's meal you should do so without wanting any recognition for it. Me paying it forward to the car behind me is my "thank you" for your kindness.
Ktown girl

Post by Ktown girl »

okay, lets turn this around a little.
Maybe next time I am in a coffee shop or I did hear Mc'D's coffee is awesome I will find some no so bad looking guy and buy him a coffee.........see what happpens.......
He'll probably think I'm trying to hussle him and pick him up...........but then again.......who's to say, hmmmm?

Maybe its a good way in meeting people . WHy not.
Lets make one night a singles night at Mc'D's ??
Now wouldn't that be just a riot?

Cheers to you all. :)))
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

dittless Wrote

Sounds good to me, what day, time and location?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Speed dating combined with Overeaters Anonymous? Interesting approach...
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Straight Shooter wrote:Dittles.......there is a difference between a McDonald drive thru and being in a bar environment. You expect this in a pub and it happens all the time. Now, I'm just waiting for a women to buy me a McRib and I'll be the happiest person in the world.

More like the unhealthiest.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

dittles wrote:okay, lets turn this around a little.
Maybe next time I am in a coffee shop or I did hear Mc'D's coffee is awesome I will find some no so bad looking guy and buy him a coffee.........see what happpens.......
He'll probably think I'm trying to hussle him and pick him up...........but then again.......who's to say, hmmmm?

Cheers to you all. :)))
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm? sounding a little or should I say "dittle" desperate !

Return to “Central Okanagan”