Findlater to take questions

Temporary forum for civic elections
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Findlater to take questions

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

i fully realize people change their mind. if you have followed this issue you will see i changed my mind. i came to the issue thinking the name change documents should be ignored given the sloppy nature of the paperwork that creates a need to change so much else.

i changed my mind when it was presented to me that the will of the people was to keep the document and the new name.

of course it was also presented to me that findlater had a very large role in the process of choosing the new name, and some have alleged he did not act properly or in good faith when doing so.

so, since findlater has changed his mind, then why has he not followed through and rectified the transgressions of the municipality?
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
waterwings
Übergod

Post by waterwings »

"The measure of intelligence is the ability to change ones mind."
okanagan_sports
Fledgling

Re: findlater to take questions

Post by okanagan_sports »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:okanagan_sports, if you truly accept me as your master, then please take this advice, we should not seek resolution through the courts, rather we should allow mr. findlater to do the right thing and settle all accounts.

the millions of dollars collected fraudulently should be returned, and the bylaws set straight.

the longer this is put off the more costly a resolution becomes.

Here's the problem. You are not my master at all !

Quoting the Statute of Westminister is nonsense. Even the dumbest West Kelownian understands that Canada is a sovereign nation and has pervue to make its own laws and remedial legislation.

DOH !

Anything municipal falls under the jurisdiction of the provinces. The Municipal Act of B.C. is NOT a federal responsibility !

Still living in the dark ages, Swamee ?

There are still certain parts of British Columbia that PERHAPS fall under federal jurisdiction, such as airports, national parks, and helicopter launch pads.

Anything else is provincial or municipal.

Unless you believe that Canada is still a colony of England ! LOL

(personal attack removed - fluffy)

- OK Sports
In the battle between the Lion and the Wolf, the Lion shall kick the Wolf's *bleep* !
nikonfan
Fledgling

Post by nikonfan »

The issue with findlater is not the name change , that is an old and dead issue. The issue is he loves power but unfortunately he is way over his head in the running of a city. If you ever get a chance go to some council meetings or open RDCO meetings. He asks the dumbest questions, obviously never reads the info he gets before the meeting and comes across as a big a$$ with his off the cuff and irrelevant comments. He always needs to put his 2 cents on everything and he is and looks incompetent every time he opens his mouth. I sure hope there is someone new running against this power hog.
waterwings
Übergod

Post by waterwings »

Funny,....I researched running a city and after pages and pages that

Simply said and in shorten form
1. citizen asks, applies, complains;
2. council votes for more information
3. Mayor tells CAO or City Manager to research and present
4. Council and Mayor reads research and votes
Seems to me Council and CITIZENS have POWER
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Truth stands, even if there be no public support.
It is self sustained.

Mahatma Gandhi, Young India 1924-1926 (1927), p. 1285.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
waterwings
Übergod

Post by waterwings »

OMG ROFLOL
kumazatheef
Board Meister

Post by kumazatheef »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:i fully realize people change their mind. if you have followed this issue you will see i changed my mind. i came to the issue thinking the name change documents should be ignored given the sloppy nature of the paperwork that creates a need to change so much else.

i changed my mind when it was presented to me that the will of the people was to keep the document and the new name.

of course it was also presented to me that findlater had a very large role in the process of choosing the new name, and some have alleged he did not act properly or in good faith when doing so.

so, since findlater has changed his mind, then why has he not followed through and rectified the transgressions of the municipality?

It's like a merry-go-round, but less merry …

So if I understand this … "some have alleged" leads in to "rectify the transgressions" … ???

I'm no fan of small town politics, but I hear logic and fairness are useful …
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

the allegations of impropriety and breach of trust against mr. findlater are for another thread.

here wer are discussing the fact that terms of the 'name change' are not being honoured.
T.Tsarnaev
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

This is a very confusing thread since no topic seems to be clearly stated. It only seems to make remote sense as a continuation to the locked thread cited in post 4.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:of course it was also presented to me that findlater had a very large role in the process of choosing the new name, and some have alleged he did not act properly or in good faith when doing so.

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:the allegations of impropriety and breach of trust against mr. findlater are for another thread.

here wer are discussing the fact that terms of the 'name change' are not being honoured.
You brought up the topic then decided its not part of the topic... moving goalposts.

What "terms"?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

kumazatheef
Board Meister

Post by kumazatheef »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:here wer are discussing the fact that terms of the 'name change' are not being honoured.

Isn't that like whinging that a politician didn't do what they'd say they'd do before they got elected?
If you're so concerned, there are recourses that are available to you, lawsuits, petitions, etc … I'm pretty sure one of those doesn't involve virtual message boards … but oh wait, pretty sure this topic has been closed, locked, welded, bricked, buried … but y'know, do what you wanna do … Merry Christmas.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

if you believe that is the course to take, legal action, then do so, but i would not. i care about the community and do not seek to further imperil it.

a 'mayor' that is intentionally condemning his community to financial ruin should be stopped, if not held accountable.

'canada' is not a republic. we are subject to the queen. if a so called mayor thinks he can ignore the queen then i think that is a problem. as we can see, findlater has honoured the queen, personally, but publicly still guides the community against the word of the queen. that should be of concern to anyone no matter what their position is.
T.Tsarnaev
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:a 'mayor' that is intentionally condemning his community to financial ruin should be stopped, if not held accountable.
So how is this mayor condemning his community to financial ruin in relation to a name change?

waterwings
Übergod

Post by waterwings »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:
a 'mayor' that is intentionally condemning his community to financial ruin should be stopped, if not held accountable.
So how is this mayor condemning his community to financial ruin in relation to a name change?[/quote]

You don't like the improvements made to roads; the size of the museum; improvements at parks; sidewalks, curbs, etc. etc. etc.

You want West Kelowna to stay as it was before incorporation where certain individuals had more say than the entire west side of the lake. Is that it?

Do you mean the Westbank landlords are suffering and worrying about financial ruin because landlords won't make improvements in the downtown core and rent for reasonable rates? Is that what you are so uptight about?

Have you checked out our tax increases in comparison to other municipalities? Nah...even you wouldn't go there when we all know how our mayor, council, administrator and the Financial Officier have worked their butts off to keep our tax increases LOW (F Sharp LOW - think of the a-cappella group "Home Free" ) and still be able to build up reserves? Nope that has too much common sense inside it...what do you mean?

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”