Coyote Attacks

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Coyote Attacks

Post by Fancy »

deleted - off topic
Last edited by Fancy on Dec 15th, 2013, 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Fancy wrote:In-breeding doesn't necessarily have anything to do with pure breeds - good breeders see to that. Which has nothing to do with the topic of coyotes that doesn't have a particular taste for any breed.

I'll save my rebuttal to that for the proper forum topic.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Coyotes will take easy prey and if they know dogs frequent an area, it's no wonder they went after this particular dog as it was loose. People that expect wildlife keep their dogs close and carry some sort of protection and considering where these animals are sighted it just makes sense.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

Fancy wrote:Coyotes will take easy prey and if they know dogs frequent an area, it's no wonder they went after this particular dog as it was loose. People that expect wildlife keep their dogs close and carry some sort of protection and considering where these animals are sighted it just makes sense.

Exactly. Just like taking your family for a hike through the woods. Enjoy the day but be aware.
I birn quil I se
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Anonymous123 wrote: This woman is not too bright, she saw the animals earlier while walking another dog, yet she chose to take a smaller dog to the same area. Her injuries appear to have been created by flinging herself to the ground. Too bad the coyotes had to pay the price for her stupidity.

Darwin was right.

Brutal but true.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Do you have any idea exactly where this attack took place? I'm betting you don't have a clue.
On a different forum
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Daspoot wrote:Do you have any idea exactly where this attack took place? I'm betting you don't have a clue.

If you are directing this question to me, I do in fact know exactly where this took place.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

So part of the team. I am skeptical the right coyote was culled.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

Most people won't care if it was the right coyote. They just want to know that one of them was killed. Pathetic.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

baconbits wrote:Most people won't care if it was the right coyote. They just want to know that one of them was killed. Pathetic.

Yeah and some people let emotion rule their every move, with little thought for anything much but their own view. Equally pathetic.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

This morning I heard them (several) 'yipping' in the brush along Benvoulin, the busy roadway thankfully kept them from joining me on my run if they were so inclined. :-/ I'm thinking now I take the capsicum dog repellant for 6:00am runs.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

baconbits wrote:Yes I agree to bad the coyotes are now being hunted.

Coyotes are hunted continually, every day, be it by cougars or wolves or people. Their numbers need to be controlled.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

I take my dogs hiking on crown land, Over the years we have been followed by coyotes many times, and have had several come out of the bush and yap at us then run away. This is common hunting practice for them, trying to lure a dog away to where the pack is waiting.
My dogs have been a mix of Dobie, Rotti, Shep,Lab, usually in the 100-140 lb. bracket. not many coyotes would want to try them in a one on one fight, and I usually have two. Strangely enough when the coyotes yapped at us the dogs came right back to me, they seemed to know something was up.
I think we would survive a coyote encounter without much trouble but I do not want to be paying vet bills, or see the dogs hurt.
The hunting season in this area for coyotes is Sept 1 - June 30 with no bag limit and with all the reports of run ins with coyotes I think I will carry a rifle on our hikes.
If there is going to be a confrontation I plan on being on the winning side.
Black Dogs Matter
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

^^ Don't blame you one bit.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

^^^ Me neither. Better to be prepared than to have a bad outcome. Coyotes are very unpredictable, especially those who exhibit boldness around humans.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Central Okanagan”