Lawyer Experience

GentleRevolutionary

Lawyer Experience

Post by GentleRevolutionary »

I was rear ended in a car accident in August & I'm still having medical problems. Does anyone have any experience with a good lawyer? Who would u recommend & why?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Lawyer Experience

Post by oneh2obabe »

Check your PM.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
okanagan_sports
Fledgling

Post by okanagan_sports »

GentleRevolutionary wrote:I was rear ended in a car accident in August & I'm still having medical problems. Does anyone have any experience with a good lawyer? Who would u recommend & why?

Speaking as someone who was nearly killed in an automobile accident here in Kelowna, some years ago, I cannot recommend any lawyer at all in the Kelowna area.

With few exceptions, most injury law lawyers are sharks and opportunists all rolled into one.

Then, there is the other "shark," the ICBC adjuster and lawyer. And there you are, the victim, kind of in the middle of it all ?

There is a very real possibility that, unless you are vigilent about your rights, you could get f*cked over by everyone.

That includes your Doctor, your employer, your physiotherapist and your spouse. LOL

I think that, instead of focusing on your legal counsel, all accident victims should take their time and proiritize their life on healing, first, and simply getting better, a process that could take much longer than the so-called "ICBC settlement" than everyone hopes for.

That said, if ICBC is fair to you and things are going fairly well, maybe you don't need a lawyer at all. Unfortunately, every case is different.

ICBC has a search engine on their website that is very useful. You can google previous precedents and cases similar to yours and with a little research, you can figure out what your accident is actually worth and then, it makes the decision to hire a lawyer much more definitive, but the decision to "lawyer up" should be based on many factors and not a decision made in a hurry.

Good luck!

OK Sports
In the battle between the Lion and the Wolf, the Lion shall kick the Wolf's *bleep* !
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

However, merely telling the adjuster that you will be retaining certain lawyers can bring a very quick change in their attitude......depending on whether you feel they need an attitude adjustment. Check your pm.
You and 71 others Like this post
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Dont say a word to ICBC. They insure both you and the other party. They are your adversary.
Dont sign anything they ask you to sign.
Get legal counsel.
There are plenty of law firms that will represent you on a contigency.
Get a lawyer that only does personal injury/icbc claims.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

My wife and I hired a lawyer a couple years ago and that was the biggest mistake ever. As one of the 1st posters stated " They are sharks and are not shy about billing" They are after themselves and that is it. You want ask them a question? $100 and the clock keeps running............criminal is what it is
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

GentleRevolutionary wrote:I was rear ended in a car accident in August & I'm still having medical problems. Does anyone have any experience with a good lawyer? Who would u recommend & why?

Uhhmm... I'm not sure if the lawyer will help you at this stage of the game. If the accident happened 5 months ago, I assume you've already settled with ICBC and the matter has been closed.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Rather than waste your money on a lawyer spend your money on seeing a good doctor, a physiologist and a REGULARLY USED gym pass.
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

Donald G wrote:Rather than waste your money on a lawyer spend your money on seeing a good doctor, a physiologist and a REGULARLY USED gym pass.

YES that would be a much better use of your money no doubt about that..............good one.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

Shouldn't the name of this discussion be "Ballast Experience".
In my dealing with a lawyer - they would have been more use as ballast in the bottom of a boat than getting a problem solved.
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Lawyers,,,,,, In the yellow pages, are they under "P" for parasite or "B" for blood sucking parasite.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

driveangry wrote:Lawyers,,,,,, In the yellow pages, are they under "P" for parasite or "B" for blood sucking parasite.

No wonder you drive angry.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

I got rear ended a number of years ago and asked the "ICBC" claims lawyer where my wife worked, whether it would be advantageous to use a lawyer. After reading over my file he stated the best I could hope for was $3-4,000.00. Didn't use a lawyer and was offered $5,000.00 by ICBC. Sometimes you are better to forget a lawyer if you have a decent case.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I think one post hit it right on the head. First things first, focus on getting well.

ICBC will try and settle quickly, like two months after my collision. Advise them you are not recovered if that is fact, explain in brief what difficulties you are having.

Now, most importantly keep a diary. If you have pains, make note of them and if anything what you took to relieve the pain. Try and be ask descriptive as you can about what problems, pains etc you have.

Your adjuster will call about six months in and again want to settle up. If you are not recovered explain that. Do not rush, you never know how long whiplash or other injuries will affect you.

Keep a file, all out of pocket expenses, lost time at work if you leave due to being unable to preform your tasks even including mileage to and from Doctors offices and ICBC.

Return to “Central Okanagan”