Autobody Shop

TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Autobody Shop

Post by TreeGuy »

I am looking for somewhere to take a vintage scooter that I own to be painted. I know there are a lot of good shops on the Westside, (Fenders & Boyd's) my preference would be to take it to a small owner operator shop or even a reputable backyard shop. Any recommendations?
dremonzaspyder

Re: Autobody Shop

Post by dremonzaspyder »

The only body shop to consider on the westside is Craftsman Collision.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

dremonzaspyder wrote:The only body shop to consider on the westside is Craftsman Collision.

+1
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

dremonzaspyder wrote:The only body shop to consider on the westside is Craftsman Collision.

I've dealt with Boyd Autobody twice and have been very satisfied with the excellent service...
GT500

Post by GT500 »

Craftsman for sure.
studdly
Fledgling

auto painter

Post by studdly »

Hi I am looking for a good and cheap auto painter to paint to doors for my car. I will do the prepping etc just need a painter..anyone know of one?
Poindexter
Guru

Re: auto painter

Post by Poindexter »

The paint guy at Boyd's on the West Kelowna is one of the best. You get what you pay for. I prefer to only wince once when it comes to auto repairs so price isn't as important as workmanship. Don't think they'll be as cheap as fix it but IMO Boyd is where I'd take it.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
studdly
Fledgling

Re: auto painter

Post by studdly »

ok well I will call them..thanks
sassybee
Board Meister

Post by sassybee »

Because of industry standards, it'll be pretty hard to find a painter working from home. However, Maxum Autobody in Kelowna is a small shop, quality work, and owner operator. Great guys to deal with, and darn good work. Probably a lot cheaper than the Big boys...worth the phone call. Lots of times the Big guys don't want to work on small stuff like that cuz they can't be bothered.
GasTownDreams

Post by GasTownDreams »

Mark V Auto Body Ltd in Kelowna, 1040 Railway Ave. Phone number can be found on Google. Great service and always informative. If your scooter doesn't have dings or dents on it and just needs paint refreshment, Try getting it wrapped. Check out the guys at Mirror Image Custom Auto (Facebook page) They've wrapped few of my vehicles and always come out 100%. The wrap is fully removable when not wanted anymore, unlike paint and much cheaper. They've got more selection of colors than your local paint shop and bring life back into your vehicle. By the way, IT'S NOT PAINT.
From this
GasTownDreams

Post by GasTownDreams »

These are before and after photos of Mirror Image Auto's work, I am sure you can tell the difference.
Attachments
Dually 1.jpg
Dually 2.jpg
studdly
Fledgling

Post by studdly »

where is that place mirror image?
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Looks like it right next door to Maxim on Railway Ave ( Gordon and Clement )..

You'll find Mark V just a few doors down...

Both EXCELLENT shops. They get my vote.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

GasTownDreams wrote:These are before and after photos of Mirror Image Auto's work, I am sure you can tell the difference.

Gee, while your at it why not install some proper mud flaps/spray diffusers on that behemoth!!!

Oh, don't forget to run your driving lights 24/7 it won't bug anyone, and you'll look COOOOL !!!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

The whole truck is wrapped? Whats that worth? My scooter needs a little more than just a paint refresher. Here is a picture of it. It is a Harley Davidson…….no seriously, its a Harley Topper! LOL A rare little machine.

topper.jpg

Return to “Central Okanagan”