Big box stores

ehlersroadecho

Big box stores

Post by ehlersroadecho »

Does anyone know if the Westside is still getting a Costco??? I would like for that, and then we wouldn't have to travel halfway to the airport to get there.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Big box stores

Post by Always Sunny »

You do know a lot of people in the interior would travel hours to get to a Costco (Kelowna or Kamloops).

How freakin' often do people shop in mass quantities that this warrants a second location 15 minutes away?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

ehlersroadecho wrote:Westside is still getting a Costco???

When were they ever slated to get one?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

In the year 2525
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I think they even did a song about it.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I'm beginning to hate all BIG box stores. Mostly the one for mentioned. If you place a value on your time and further on your sanity is it worth it?

I personally don't use stores like this for a social gathering, to have free lunch or to just stand in everyone's way to visit. Such a annoying place, and the biggest laugh is, I'll pay them to shop there.

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

I still like getting into a store, not running a marathon and getting out. Even at $10.00 a hour, considering travel, time in store it doesn't save me enough to pay for a membership card. Then the *bleep* off factor...I wont get into it.

I must say, you can't beat the meat...that sounds bad.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Always Sunny wrote:You do know a lot of people in the interior would travel hours to get to a Costco (Kelowna or Kamloops).

How freakin' often do people shop in mass quantities that this warrants a second location 15 minutes away?

No doubt!
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Ken7 wrote:I'm beginning to hate all BIG box stores. Mostly the one for mentioned. If you place a value on your time and further on your sanity is it worth it?

I personally don't use stores like this for a social gathering, to have free lunch or to just stand in everyone's way to visit. Such a annoying place, and the biggest laugh is, I'll pay them to shop there.

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

I still like getting into a store, not running a marathon and getting out. Even at $10.00 a hour, considering travel, time in store it doesn't save me enough to pay for a membership card. Then the *bleep* off factor...I wont get into it.

Not a fan of the crowds and everything else mentioned either but my membership pays itself over who knows how many times on savings!
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

Just another big box store I will not waste time going to.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

ehlersroadecho wrote:Does anyone know if the Westside is still getting a Costco??? I would like for that, and then we wouldn't have to travel halfway to the airport to get there.

But you already have one 15-20 minutes away? If the savings are that good, its worth 15-20 minutes of driving. We live in Vernon and we went there once a month or so, but we made a day out of it ... grabbed a hot dog, did our shopping and went to Uncle Willie's for dinner. If the drive is that big deal of maybe make a day out of it.
Ken7 wrote:

Giggidy
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

Costco is the same as Walmart to me. I never go there. The service sucks. The line ups are long. I have a few bucks to make my shopping experience better. If that is that is even possible.
ehlersroadecho

Post by ehlersroadecho »

I personally do not like the look and feel of any big box store.. West Kelowna is filled with them, and it's beginning to look ugly. I prefer smaller businesses, and they're unfortunately closing because of these big giant stores, which really do not have great prices - shop around - Wal Mart's not really all that much cheaper....
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

If I need sound advice on a product I'm not familiar with I go where I can be assured of getting sound advice about that product. If I need to hit a store for a gallon of milk and Cap'n Crunch, I go where I can get the best value for my money so I can use that money I saved and use it for something else, such as going to the store and paying a bit extra for better service. Bottom line, when I do my weekly grocery trip, I really don't need service, I just need to get what I need for as little money as possible. If that means no one talks to me, so be it. If that means I have to bag my own stuff, not a biggie. As long as I know I've saved as much $$$ as I could have, I'm fine with where ever I shop.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

fall wrote:Not a fan of the crowds and everything else mentioned either but my membership pays itself over who knows how many times on savings!

My membership is covered several times over, simply by what I save on prescriptions, never mind other items.

It's simple enough to avoid the major crowds by shopping off peak times.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

If there happens to be a problem with ANYTHING you buy at COSCO, they will not argue with you at all, they just give you your $$$ back.......you just can't beat that.

Return to “Central Okanagan”