Major Westlake road upgrade

dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Major Westlake road upgrade

Post by dodgerdodge »

Just seen a snip in the paper that there is an open house regarding this upgrade on 13th Feb, anyway i posted a link to the info on districts site.
http://www.districtofwestkelowna.ca/index.aspx?page=846

Looks like there will be some major rock cutting in one part and when finished will be much safer for pedestrians although no idea how its going to affect those of us that live up here and or travel that route daily whilst they are doing all this work.
westbanker
Fledgling

Re: Major Westlake road upgrade

Post by westbanker »

thanks for the notification! Good to see some improvements going in.. anywhere

concerning "•Roundabout at Stevens and Westlake Roads" and started laughing.... a round about in the heart of your industrial area chalk full of haul trucks and tandems, way too small an area
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

westbanker wrote:thanks for the notification! Good to see some improvements going in.. anywhere

concerning "•Roundabout at Stevens and Westlake Roads" and started laughing.... a round about in the heart of your industrial area chalk full of haul trucks and tandems, way too small an area

I would kind of hope that they put in one large roundabout to encompass Stevens rd and Industrial rd but then that would be bad for the traffic lined up at the lights during rush hour as we already get people driving off road as it were to get around the line waiting to turn left, i assume that may be altered but i guess all will be clear once we see the plans
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I haven't seen a roundabout in the valley yet, that is properly designed to accommodate 18 wheelers, a result of which I have to again question planners, or wonder where their heads are at.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:I haven't seen a roundabout in the valley yet, that is properly designed to accommodate 18 wheelers, a result of which I have to again question planners, or wonder where their heads are at.

Maybe they will put in a roundabout and then funnel all large semis via Ross rd instead.
I would love to see that area improved but wonder like you how good it will end up being. Look at the mess that is Butt rd and the roundabout there and the short distance for cars after the lights. That whole intersection and the traffic flow seems poorly designed, in fact maybe a large roundabout there would have worked better.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:I haven't seen a roundabout in the valley yet, that is properly designed to accommodate 18 wheelers, a result of which I have to again question planners, or wonder where their heads are at.

dodgerdodge wrote:Maybe they will put in a roundabout and then funnel all large semis via Ross rd instead.
I would love to see that area improved but wonder like you how good it will end up being. Look at the mess that is Butt rd and the roundabout there and the short distance for cars after the lights. That whole intersection and the traffic flow seems poorly designed, in fact maybe a large roundabout there would have worked better.

Oh yes, Butt Road roundabout, another example of missing the mark. That's the one where a garbage truck wound up on its side, and those are much shorter than 18 wheelers.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

Return to “Central Okanagan”