"Small Town B.C." Westbank, B.C.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: "Small Town B.C." Westbank, B.C.

Post by Fancy »

Oh, I get that but I can't understand why people are so upset for not being part of the process when they have no reason to be. I wouldn't have a say if Rutland had an opinion poll to change their name.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Fancy wrote:which you're not making.

If you can't make sense of it yet, then people explaining it yet-again isn't going to change that. It's really quite simple. You may not agree, you may not like the opposition's point of view, you may not like it being brought up when you think it should be dead and buried, but if you can't make sense of it, that's on you.
On a different forum
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

lol - where were you three years ago when this was discussed to death? Read up - lots of threads on this very topic already.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Fact is - West Kelowna is going to be around for a long time and those of us that have watched this area grow and not concerned over the name don't have a problem with nicknames/neighbourhood names being used - appears the opposite though for some old timers.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Fancy wrote:Oh, I get that

I don't believe you do, because the rest of your sentence:

but I can't understand why people are so upset for not being part of the process when they have no reason to be. I wouldn't have a say if Rutland had an opinion poll to change their name.

Speaks clearly to you not getting it, you've already admitted it makes no sense to you, because it's:

too many words.

Again, no one says you have to agree, feel free not to agree without insulting members intelligence by claiming it was all on the up and up.
On a different forum
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Fancy wrote:lol - where were you three years ago when this was discussed to death? Read up - lots of threads on this very topic already.

2-way street my friend, seems by your post count you were probably here for them, but yet here you are posting about it again too. I don't believe old topics are off-limits from being discussed again are they? If so perhaps you could post a list for us newbs.
On a different forum
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

LOL - taking words out of context was kinda funny - too many words indeed. Let me break it down for you. I "get" that people are entitled to an opinon. It does not make one bit of sense to be part of a naming process that does not affect them directly.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Daspoot wrote:2-way street my friend, seems by your post count you were probably here for them, but yet here you are posting about it again too. I don't believe old topics are off-limits from being discussed again are they? If so perhaps you could post a list for us newbs.

The search option works well - try it.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Does that apply to all topics that have previous threads, or just when you say so?
On a different forum
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Daspoot wrote:Does that apply to all topics that have previous threads, or just when you say so?
There's a search button at the top of this page - type in what you want to learn about or not - up to you. I didn't say you should do it. Too many threads about this subject for me to list.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I certainly don't care one way or the other if the museum is selling Westbank licence plates or not. I don't care there are "I Love Westbank" signs around. I live in a beautiful community in the District of West Kelowna that Westbank isn't a part of. Being from suburbia I can imagine in 50 years this name thing will be a not so distant past.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Fancy wrote:There's a search button at the top of this page - type in what you want to learn about or not - up to you. I didn't say you should do it.

I guess I misunderstood your previous post:

Fancy wrote:
The search option works well - try it.

My apologies for taking it out of context.

I guess I thought you were saying people shouldn't discuss it as it's been discussed in years gone by. That seemed dismissive as you seemed to have no problem posting your point of view even though it's been discussed many times years ago, then it seemed like when you didn't really have any strong points to post that hadn't been countered, you just told me I should search up old topics rather than continue to post my point of view any more.

I'm sure you can understand my confusion, but I'm grateful that you cleared it up for me.

Cheers,
Daspoot.
On a different forum
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Oh your're welcome! I certainly am not confused at all and wasn't during the naming process. It was well discussed and I knew what to expect. That it didn't turn out the way some wanted was to be expected and no one I know cares except now the area is legally named - no confusion from here on forward.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Now can I get a hug you big lovable lug?
On a different forum
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

I like the way daspoot thinks . And not just because of the 25% posts liked ratio . Makes others look like they just talk a lot .
Strong and free

Return to “Central Okanagan”