Peachland Drinking Water

Persian Apple Country

Peachland Drinking Water

Post by Persian Apple Country »

Hi local friends,

Do we know anything about the quality of the drinking water in Peachland ?
We recently moved here and are wondering about lab tests. Do we need to use a filter?

I have been reading about the water on the Peachland.ca website + the Brenda Mines testing site. Still like local input please.

Thanks !
“Two there are who are never satisfied - the lover of the world and the lover of knowledge.” Rumi
rkillick

Re: Peachland Drinking Water

Post by rkillick »

It goes up and down in quality, expect some turbidity in the spring when runoff is high. Its pretty high in calcium which we notice in the coffee maker. Safe to drink though. There is a sign at the bottom of Trepanier Rd which has the current water conditions and warnings.
mandmgirl

Post by mandmgirl »

I live in Peachland and find the water hard. As for drinking, I am fussy as I believe I can taste metal or minerals so I buy bottled water for direct consumption. Every 6 months or so the OWB or RDOS, can't remember which organization, sends to residents, a report on the mineral content of the water from the mine area. Like the previous poster said, the spring turbidity count is publicized, found on the Peachland website and posted around town. I believe it is just fine compared to many other areas of the world.
Persian Apple Country

Post by Persian Apple Country »

Thanks for your response !
To be honest the calcium is ok, turbidity is just particle count. The Brenda mines flyer is only 4 or 5 metals they measure.
I really would like to know E. coli, parasites, more metals & chemicals like herbicides, pesticides and hormones.
I will ask the District this week and let you know what they know.

Thanks !
“Two there are who are never satisfied - the lover of the world and the lover of knowledge.” Rumi
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

Thought the mine paid the city a bunch of money to dump chemicals in the creek, i wouldn't drink it.
Robin Hood

Post by Robin Hood »

Persian Apple Country wrote:Hi local friends,

Do we know anything about the quality of the drinking water in Peachland ?
We recently moved here and are wondering about lab tests. Do we need to use a filter?

I have been reading about the water on the Peachland.ca website + the Brenda Mines testing site. Still like local input please.

Thanks !

There are three different water sources in Peachland. The main source is Deep Creek at the south end of Peachland. Parts of Ponderosa are on a well system and the north end of Peachland draws water from Trepanier Creek. Trepanier Creek is the only system affected by Brenda Mines. There is a long-term plan to switch all water sources to use Deep Creek, when there is enough money. There is a plan to construct a new water filtration system on Deep Creek when that becomes the only water source. So it depends where you live in Peachland, that determines where your water comes from.
Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't; you're right.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

Chock full of nutritious moose pee.
Strong and free

Return to “Central Okanagan”