Chairlift accident

dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Re: Chairlift accident

Post by dogspoiler »

Fancy wrote:I'll get the management the benefit of the doubt.

You won't get them that around here.
Black Dogs Matter
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

thanks for the smile

I've been stuck on the chairlift but not for long - just assumed someone had trouble vacating the chair at the top. Seems to me there is a lot of information not being shared at this time.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Avalanche wipes out part of Crystal Mountain chair lift

A triggered avalanche didn't go quite according to plan and wiped out a chair lift at the Crystal Mountain ski resort Monday evening.

The resort said they were using explosives atop the mountains for avalanche control around 4:45 p.m. when the wall of snow apparently got away and destroyed the bottom terminal and towers of the High Campbell lift, according to a post on Crystal Mountain's Facebook page.

The area was closed off and no one was hurt.

A note posted on the ski resort's web site says the High Campbell lift will be closed for the season and the Queens Run lift will be closed until debris is cleared, which could take weeks.

Crystal Mountain says they continue to have abnormal avalanche conditions and they have been doing avalanche control work over the past few days.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I guess that kiboshes the conjecture theories presented by some.

One would expect that if avalanche conditions are that severe there, it would have an impact on the investigation.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

I'm sure they have a shovel.

Maybe they can borrow Glaciers shovel.
Black Dogs Matter
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Shovel or not, you wouldn't catch me working in a spot, where there's a high probability, of my ending up wearing a mountain of snow.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

OK we'll just watch Glacier shovel.
Black Dogs Matter
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Whoops an avalanche wiped out the chair lift! Oh well Im sure it was insured and will be rebuilt and hopefully up to code with a proper inspection! What next?
beancounter
Board Meister

Post by beancounter »

The avalanche was at Crystal Mountain Resort, Washington - not West Kelowna.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 11th, 2014, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

I suppose I am a troll if that means I don't spend all day on the Castanet forum world!, Was wondering why I hadn't heard anything about the avalanche in the news, although I wouldn't have been surprised in the slightest!
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

beancounter wrote:The avalanche was at Crystal Mountain Resort, Washington - not West Kelowna.

Someone always has to spoil the fun, you should apply for a Mod job. Insert laughing smilie here.
Black Dogs Matter
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

beancounter wrote:The avalanche was at Crystal Mountain Resort, Washington - not West Kelowna.

So you're saying that the Crystal guys in West Kelowna are a bunch of plagiarists. I agree, shut 'em down for the seaons and sue. The audacity of these folks is simply unbelievable.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Nice of Big White to step up and honor the seasons pass holders in hopes they will prefer it and possibly get a pass there instead next year, sneaky! The expansion at Crystal will be nice though, A golf course to, ambitious plans,Just need an investor that's all!
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

fall wrote:Nice of Big White to step up and honor the seasons pass holders in hopes they will prefer it and possibly get a pass there instead next year, sneaky! The expansion at Crystal will be nice though, A golf course to, ambitious plans,Just need an investor that's all!

That expansion plan has been around as long as I can remember since I first visited Crystal mountain 20 years ago. I think it needs a bit more than an investor.
It was a good marketing strategy for Big White, I started skiing at Crystal, after a couple years I went to Big White one day, I went back to Crystal once after that and have been a pass holder at B.W. ever since.
Apex is also poaching for customers as I heard they are offering 50% to Crystal pass holders or something like that.
Going today, hear tommorow

Return to “Central Okanagan”