Woodpeckers

zzontar
Guru

Re: Woodpeckers

Post by zzontar »

Ken7 wrote:

They are a terrible bird,they kill or eat the eggs of smaller birds.

So do we, then we kill and eat the birds that laid the eggs... just to put things into perspective.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

Magpies and crows belong to the same family. Their intelligence is probably greater than many humans. Try watching them sometime. We have crows that live and nest in our trees, and there is no shortage of other birds. Funny how nature keeps that balance, isn't it.
I birn quil I se
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Randall T wrote:Magpies and crows belong to the same family. Their intelligence is probably greater than many humans.

Too true, in fact a few Magpies or Crows posting on this thread might just make for something worth reading

Try watching them sometime. We have crows that live and nest in our trees, and there is no shortage of other birds. Funny how nature keeps that balance, isn't it.

You nailed it on the head, but instead people think we should cull this species, cull that one, introduce some species then introduce some other critter to control the first one. The less we do the better, and if we really cared we'd curtail our own expansion and stop basing our economies on growth. It's a sure-fire way to fail.
On a different forum
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Randall T wrote:Magpies and crows belong to the same family. Their intelligence is probably greater than many humans. Try watching them sometime. We have crows that live and nest in our trees, and there is no shortage of other birds. Funny how nature keeps that balance, isn't it.

You bet crows are. Watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYZnsO2ZgWo
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

A couple of years ago I thought my furnace was going on the blink because of this strange sound it was making. It was a flicker doing its mating sound by drilling on the furnace vent on the roof which vibrated down to the furnace. . I covered the top of metal vent with Vaseline which solved my problem for me but it just moved onto the neighbors house.

Return to “Central Okanagan”