Biker crashes then resists arrest

ItIsI

Re: Biker crashes then resists arrest

Post by ItIsI »

Anonymous123 wrote:What is the going rate for impound fees these days? 30 days times ? .

There is another thread on here about this,,,,,my friend got impounded, called Marios and when she asked what the daily rate was, the first question they asked was what kind of car is it. Its a basic four door sedan takes up the same space as a bmw or a Mercedes, When questioned as to why it makes a difference, they said, the rates depend on the type of car.. I can see the IMPOUND rate being different, ie" dollies required to tow etc. but the storage rate should not be different for different cars of like size.

I couldn't find anything on the daily cost, but I can tell you this, a buddy of mine got stopped at a roadblock on Hollywood road 2 weeks ago, this was at 6pm, at 430 he had met his wife after work for supper and caesars (3) they went home, he went to carry on to the sons house and was pulled into a roadblock. he is 6'4 and 290lbs, and was not the least bit concerned about blowing. he blew a warn, and they impounded his truck for three days. his total cost for a three day impound was 518.00, plus the cost to get a new license issued, as his couldn't be located.
One drink is too many anymore.

Back to impound costs,,,,,,,,,,they will NEVER be reasonable, because they don't HAVE to be. Marios has the market on towing here in the valley, no competition means that they don't "have" to give a flyin fiddle about customers costs.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the stories i could tell about marios
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

the truth wrote:the stories i could tell about marios

Do tell? Just don't use their name.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Anonymous123 wrote:What is the going rate for impound fees these days? 30 days times ? .

ItIsI wrote:There is another thread on here about this,,,,,my friend got impounded, called Marios and when she asked what the daily rate was, the first question they asked was what kind of car is it. Its a basic four door sedan takes up the same space as a bmw or a Mercedes, When questioned as to why it makes a difference, they said, the rates depend on the type of car.. I can see the IMPOUND rate being different, ie" dollies required to tow etc. but the storage rate should not be different for different cars of like size.

I couldn't find anything on the daily cost, but I can tell you this, a buddy of mine got stopped at a roadblock on Hollywood road 2 weeks ago, this was at 6pm, at 430 he had met his wife after work for supper and caesars (3) they went home, he went to carry on to the sons house and was pulled into a roadblock. he is 6'4 and 290lbs, and was not the least bit concerned about blowing. he blew a warn, and they impounded his truck for three days. his total cost for a three day impound was 518.00, plus the cost to get a new license issued, as his couldn't be located.

It couldn't be "located" because it was returned to ICBC and shredded. No one who gets a 3-day gets their original licence back. They get a new one with a two-year renewal. Getting the licence back would have cost $200 for the fine and $250 for the reinstatement fee.

I call BS on the $518 3-day impound. The tow from Rutland would be $92.17 (extra $25 for dollies) and then storage of $64.40 (4 days at $16.10/day or portion thereof).

One drink is too many anymore.

There you go...But I thought you said he had "3"?

ItIsI wrote:Back to impound costs,,,,,,,,,,they will NEVER be reasonable, because they don't HAVE to be. Marios has the market on towing here in the valley, no competition means that they don't "have" to give a flyin fiddle about customers costs.

It has nothing at all to do with Mario's versus any other company. The tow and impound rates for police-initiated MVA tows and impounds are regulated by provincial legislation.

http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws ... /952568628
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Lets see, the similarity is........ She's a woman. That's all you're basing that generalization on?
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

goatboy wrote:Lets see, the similarity is........ She's a woman. That's all you're basing that generalization on?

Well, there is the competency aspect.
Black Dogs Matter
JayPeeWhy
Board Meister

Post by JayPeeWhy »

Just viewed the link, it's pretty funny. There does seem to be some double standards when it comes to arrest, a guy would have been nailed to the floor in seconds. Maybe her high pitched whining formed some sort of auditory force field around her.

To be fair the RCMP seemed particularly patient. I would have put her back on the bike and let natural selection takes it's course.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Cops did a good job on that one. They were being video taped and can you imagine the complaining that would have followed had they thrown that woman to the ground and unceremoniously handcuffed and dragged her away? Normally, female suspect really has to be combative and present a threat to the officers before they up their physical response during an arrest. That is just the way it has been and remains.

Return to “Central Okanagan”