The Marleigh Retirement Building Downtown Westbank

A10ThunderboltII
Fledgling

The Marleigh Retirement Building Downtown Westbank

Post by A10ThunderboltII »

This nice new place was finished about 4 months ago but has never "OPENED" its EMPTY. Whats (not) happening with that?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: The MARLEIGH Retirement Building Downtown Westbank

Post by grammafreddy »

Ran out of money? No NFP to manage it?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: The MARLEIGH Retirement Building Downtown Westbank

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

no news here, but complete their survey they will give you a meal for 4 they say

http://themarleighwestkelowna.ca/
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
forumdoug
Übergod

Re: The Marleigh Retirement Building Downtown Westbank

Post by forumdoug »

I think this is the old "Heritage Retirement Residence" (or whatever it was to be called) that was a partnership between the Reece family and Investicare.

It was purchased last year by BayBridge Senior Living, which itself is wholly-owned by the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan and also owns the Okanagan Chateau assisted- and supportive-living complex on Benvoulin Crt in Kelowna. Looks like they may have bought it somewhat "on the cheap", agreeing to finish it off and invest capital into the project.

It would, therefore, be reasonable to assume the project's original investors (the Reece family and Investicare) lost money on the project.

At any rate, great to see it get underway. I think you'll see a "grand opening" probably this summer now that have most of the management hiring out of the way (they did that in the fall).

Cheers,
Doug

Return to “Central Okanagan”