Fledgling

Re: Ponderosa Golf Course in Peachland

Post by shankari2 »

"off topic" / Merry
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

My crystal ball says Bankruptcy/Recievership by next week. It would be a shame, a lot of work has gone into the project.
Black Dogs Matter
albertaguy

Post by albertaguy »

Rjamer
Übergod

Post by Rjamer »

Looks like it is official..............http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/bsf- ... 03285.html
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Good thing the developer said it was all on track and going forward last week, LOL (on cover & page 3):

http://issuu.com/peachlandview/docs/june_20_2014

Will be an interesting story to follow Image
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

This is really NO surprise to those that have been following this story. I just can't understand how these guys can still be trying to sell homes when they KNOW that they are in "financial" trouble?

That is like an Airline that sells tickets for flights and then the next morning they are bankrupt AND you can't get your money back from your flight. This does not seem very ethical? It seems almost criminal but I guess that is the law. Oh well I feel kind a of bad for those that have either moved in there or have deposits on some of those places that are just standing there all boarded up.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

It looks like my crystal ball was in the crystal ballpark.
Black Dogs Matter
albertaguy

Post by albertaguy »

So does anyone have a feel for when or how long this type of ..er, "complication" takes to clear up and what the typical trajectory and time line for "business" as usual is to occur ... i guess i am canvassing those unfortunate to have gone through this in the past and or those familiar wit bankruptcy law...trying to plan my retirement move and possible investment purchase..thanks AB
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

albertaguy wrote:So does anyone have a feel for when or how long this type of ..er, "complication" takes to clear up and what the typical trajectory and time line for "business" as usual is to occur ... i guess i am canvassing those unfortunate to have gone through this in the past and or those familiar wit bankruptcy law...trying to plan my retirement move and possible investment purchase..thanks AB

well one thing for sure I would not touch this whole mess with a 10 ft pole.............would not seem to be a very prudent move, but that is just my 2 cents. Who knows for sure right?
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

How many times does this kind of stuff happen? Seems its not just the last few years either. I was working at a ladys house today which was built maybe 20 years ago and she said, "oh there are so many odd things with this place, i heard the original builder of the complex went bust and things didn't get done right" Jeeeeze, i mean how many times do we hear that story?

All i can say is New Monaco aint got a cat i hells chance of getting off the ground.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

What I'm wondering is why the District can't develop themselves by themselves, building roads and infrastructure like in the good ol' days.

Build a road and the houses will come.
artifact cat
Fledgling

Post by artifact cat »

I feel sorry for those that once lived adjacent to a golf course and now live adjacent to a gravel pit.
I feel sorry for those whose property values have dropped as a result.
I feel sorry for those that believe what is written in the local paper about the development.

Don't you?
Please email for picture and further information.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

artifact cat wrote:I feel sorry for those that once lived adjacent to a golf course and now live adjacent to a gravel pit.
I feel sorry for those whose property values have dropped as a result.
I feel sorry for those that believe what is written in the local paper about the development.

Don't you?

I feel sorry for point 1 & 2. For point 3, it's up to the people not to be so credulous about all the bs that was said in the paper.
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

are you also referring to the Official Bankruptcy documents??? or is that rumours also?

Return to “Central Okanagan”