Ponderosa Golf Course in Peachland

yaktak
Fledgling

Ponderosa Golf Course in Peachland

Post by yaktak »

Anyone know what's going on up at Ponderosa?

I was told yesterday, that they have 15 homes ready, but the town will not give them occupancy permits.

Wondering if this is true and if it is why the town is holding back?
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Re: Ponderosa golf course in Peachland

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

I was told that those that want to move in have to get what is called" An Emergency Occupancy Permit" That is all I know about that. Something fishy somewhere?? I have no idea...
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

Probably due to a bad decision on the city councils part
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

yaktak wrote:Anyone know what's going on up at Ponderosa?

I was told yesterday, that they have 15 homes ready, but the town will not give them occupancy permits.

Wondering if this is true and if it is why the town is holding back?

U should try to contact Pinderosa or the Dustrict & lettuce know the answer!
shankari2
Fledgling

Post by shankari2 »

From City of Vancouver website: An occupancy permit ensures that a building complies with the relevant bylaws and codes, and is safe for people to live in or to use.

Seems pretty straightforward, but I cannot find any information on what this term "occupancy permit" means in Peachland, or what conditions need to be met to get one or how long this application process takes.

I know access to clear information is an issue with Peachland Municipality. Perhaps these 'completed' buildings have not yet met all bylaw requirements but are safe to occupy, hence the need for Emergency Occupancy Permit? But I have no idea....
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 7th, 2014, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
yaktak
Fledgling

Post by yaktak »

Well I know they owe a few local equipment contractors quite alot of money. Just wondering if they owe the town money or back taxes.

The golf course construction has been stalled for a long time now.
Rjamer
Übergod

Post by Rjamer »

yaktak wrote:Well I know they owe a few local equipment contractors quite alot of money. Just wondering if they owe the town money or back taxes.

The golf course construction has been stalled for a long time now.

I heard over the week end that the golf course is bankrupt.. It was hear-say so who knows !!.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

I heard the same thing.
Black Dogs Matter
greetings1234

Post by greetings1234 »

These claims or should I say rumours of bankruptcy are exactly that, rumours.
yaktak
Fledgling

Post by yaktak »

Well as for bankruptcy I have no idea. But it sure looks like they are having money troubles.

There has been no action on the golf course for a very long time and it was supposed to be open to play golf last year. It is a very long way from being open. The weather is good for golf construction(and was good all last summer). If they had enough money, you would think they would be going full bore to get the golf course finished.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

I was up on Trepanier rd., you can see a lot of the new course area, it looks like a mess and no equipment anywhere.
Black Dogs Matter
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Pinderosa said in January the golf course had no timetable for its opening, that it would be very challenging to open it this year.

And the development will include a winery and hotel.

http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/local ... 11814.html

Article also states that:

There is now a municipal tax exemption program available to developers who bring forward new projects in Peachland's downtown core.

And as of last week, half of downtown is now for sale, so if you have a spear $6,100,000 to purchase it's your lucky day!
rlaboss

Post by rlaboss »

I ran into a young man at the IGA parking lot driving a Land Rover with signage from Ponderosa on it. He told me they are building and selling living quarters (condos, whatever) on site. There is no golf course building going on. The equipment has left, gone back to Georgia. Pretty clear, they need to sell living space to finance the golf course, not the other way around. Just another example of economic development strangled by the 'Keep Peachland a Village' group.
yaktak
Fledgling

Post by yaktak »

rlaboss wrote: Just another example of economic development strangled by the 'Keep Peachland a Village' group.

Sorry, but this one has nothing to do with the group you say. It is all about a developer with insufficient capital to complete a project.

Unlike what happened with downtown and the Edgewater development. On that project, you hit the nail on the head!

Return to “Central Okanagan”