Ponderosa Golf Course in Peachland

matai
Banned

Re: Ponderosa Golf Course in Peachland

Post by matai »

youhavegottobekidding wrote:are you also referring to the Official Bankruptcy documents??? or is that rumours also?

Who me? Theres no mention of that in the paper, it says all is going well yada yada.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

matai wrote:What I'm wondering is why the District can't develop themselves by themselves, building roads and infrastructure like in the good ol' days.

Build a road and the houses will come.

Have you seen the "Main Street" that was built in Lake Country?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Thats why municipalities have a construction code and bylaws and deliver permits, to make sure it looks nice and that its all up to the town standards..
pesanderes

Post by pesanderes »

There is no mention of bankruptcy. In fact it said that the investors and owners are protected from their assets being seized by the main creditor on file. Which now means the main investor will be forced to put up more money to complete the project.
The project will be completed. A little insider info goes a long way.
Do you know of a single project of this scale that hasn't gone the same way?
Tower ranch? Predator ridge? Just about any large scale project?
Not to say it isn't irritating but it is to be expected.
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

pesanderes

Any large project and this should be expected?? They have more than their share of problems I would say..............I would not be able to sleep if I had purchased in there...............life is too short to deal with this mess
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

pesanderes wrote:There is no mention of bankruptcy. In fact it said that the investors and owners are protected from their assets being seized by the main creditor on file. Which now means the main investor will be forced to put up more money to complete the project.
The project will be completed. A little insider info goes a long way.
Do you know of a single project of this scale that hasn't gone the same way?
Tower ranch? Predator ridge? Just about any large scale project?
Not to say it isn't irritating but it is to be expected.

Way too many people thinking they can build build build and reap the fat rewards that go with all this prime real estate they are creating then it all goes belly up and the ones left picking up the pieces are the local people who either bought a home that now sits in a construction zone for next 20 years until completion or who have to look at the dusty, sparse, empty landscape and faded bill boards left behind.
Question is why should it be expected? Hasn't anyone learned from previous failures of similar projects, well i guess not as we still have this ridiculous New Monaco project on the horizon that council seems to think is good for Peachland. Well let me predict that if it does get off the ground it will also fail.
artifact cat
Fledgling

Post by artifact cat »

There is no mention of bankruptcy. !!? What?

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/bsf- ... 03285.html doesn't this clearly indicate the Government of Canada, Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy? Looks like it to me!
Please email for picture and further information.
artifact cat
Fledgling

Post by artifact cat »

Please email for picture and further information.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Any new news on this?
I find it funny that ownership when this project first started were media *bleep* getting their name in print any chance they could get.
Now nothing, not a word from Norm and co, They made huge promises to Peachland residents time and time again to rally support and now nothing.!
Guess they really could care less now that zoning and everything is done, everything that is except having the funding in place that they were once so adamant was in place.!
Guess the figure they owe nothing to the people that got behind them at council meetings and helped them rally the troops for signatures supporting the project when it was in it's infancy.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Some financial issues have been resolved. Some construction is underway. I strongly doubt that it will ever be what it was claimed to be.
Black Dogs Matter
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

What I'm questioning is: Is Ponderosa [narrow & winding] Street able to support an approximate and additional 5,000 cars rolling up and down the hill daily once the project is completed and if not, what's the plan?

That's also maybe adding busses like eh... tourists it's a golf course and I dunno, maybe BC Transit would like to deserve this new population as well. I can just see them get stuck in corners. And winter? lol... a mayhem.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Where did you get the number of 5,000 cars ?
Black Dogs Matter
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

dogspoiler wrote:Where did you get the number of 5,000 cars ?

Mwell, that's a bare minimum estimate.

They want to add 5,000 population (mostly rich retired people with a car each) add to that the golf course traffic, the hotel traffic as well as the winery traffic, as well as the traffic from existing roads already connecting to it.

Remember that what goes up must come down so 5,000 cars going up is also 5,000 cars going down....

And even if some traffic is sent to Princeton Ave, that's a lot of extra traffic rolling down the hill and attempting to make left turns onto Highway 97 parking lot whenever they wanna hit the shopping centre or the big city.

So thinking about it it would be more like 10,000 vehicles a day, all going through a steep goat trail leading to one traffic light on Highway 97? Sure, that works.
Bibbs

Post by Bibbs »

My in laws bought one of the dwellings there. We were up there the other day to check on it and our house is on the course. Lots of trades guys are up there and finishing the units that were started. They think they will be done and the remaining people can move in mid-end Oct.

We asked about the golf course and they said they are re looking at a plan that would get the clubhouse up and going as well as 9 holes as 4 are already seeded and it wouldnt take much to get the 9 going. This way they can at least be bringing in some money from clubhouse and golf.

This is what we were told and of course it is at the point where--when you see it happen you will beleive it.
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

Hey Bibbs,

Is there an actual clubhouse there? The buyers up there were told that the golf course was to be finished 3 years ago. I take with a grain of salt what the builders of this golf course have to say. I just do not see it for another maybe 5 years. At the earliest if at all. Heck do you see all the bumps in the road? That is not speed bumps, that is electrical wires running under there. Just plain weird. Way too expensive for what they are offering. They should have kept that golf course as it was, build some houses and maybe then work on a few holes on that course a bit at a time. THAT would of made way more sense. Just my 2 cents. My understanding is that some people in those housing units do not even have occupancy permits to be in there and can't even be "registered at Land Titles. How secure would you feel if that was you? Forget about it.

Return to “Central Okanagan”