Human Remains Found in Peachland

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Human Remains Found in Peachland

Post by Glacier »

Now they say they weren't human remains, but please tell us what type they were. Deer, coyote, mouse?

Don't leave us hanging like this.

Thanks,

Glacier.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Re: Human Remains Found in Peachland

Post by Straight Shooter »

"After further forensic investigation we can now confirm the remains are not human and our file has concluded," Vermeulen stated in a release issued Monday afternoon.

Police are investigating after human remains were found off a back road near Peachland.

On Friday, April 11th, the West Kelowna RCMP received information from a person who believed they may have come across human remains.  

The individual had been out walking their dog in an area off of Trepanier Road when the discovery was made.

According to RCMP Sgt. Rob Vermeulen, police have now confirmed that the remains are human and foul play is suspected in the person’s death.

This is quite puzzling. How can the RCMP confirm that the remains were human and that foul play is suspected and then say that there was a mistake made? The RCMP is not a Mickey Mouse organization so are they trying to hide something from the public and was there a bullet hole into the skull of the victim whatever the victim is found out to be?
bhonour1

Post by bhonour1 »

I also agree, something is strange about this whole thing. The story wasn't showing on Castanet anywhere this morning. Never heard of the RCMP mistaking human remains!!
tgm929
Board Meister

Post by tgm929 »

Straight Shooter wrote:
This is quite puzzling. How can the RCMP confirm that the remains were human and that foul play is suspected and then say that there was a mistake made? The RCMP is not a Mickey Mouse organization so are they trying to hide something from the public and was there a bullet hole into the skull of the victim whatever the victim is found out to be?

Sasquatch.
Kelo_Can613
Fledgling

Post by Kelo_Can613 »

They were partial remains of a bear according to Global.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

The RCMP ruled Foul Play and stated that Human remains were found.
It is pretty much impossible to mistake "bear" remains for human remains, unless, that is, your either trying to hide something or your a real first class rookie.
I'm sorry, In my 52 years on earth, I have never heard of the RCMP mistaking human remains.
How about a picture from the scene of the "bear" remains, to put this one to rest.
Left hanging alright!
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

UltraViolet wrote:It is pretty much impossible to mistake "bear" remains for human remains...

First time I saw a skinned black bear out of context, I thought someone had died of burn injuries. I was quite relieved to see the head.

If they only had the decaying remains of a torso to go on, even with a limb or two (without the paws), I can see it happening. It's not television where they upload a cell phone shot or send a sample to the lab and get a definitive answer within seconds.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Google bear and human skeleton and there are quite a few sites that show why there is mistaken identity.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Does anyone else remember that time when Nicklan made fun of Steven Lloyd's "bear skull"? LOL!

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17142&p=481605&hilit=bear+skull#p481605
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Maybe the bits and pieces were partially buried. And if it was by someone who had already taken the hide, skull and paws for a rug or mount, I could see how they would have assumed the worst at first.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

With all the "missing" persons over the last few years and the finding of Brittany Irving's body, I would much rather have them investigate anything that might be human remains. At some point hopefully there will be closure for the families of the missing persons.

Don't discourage the reporting of such findings please.

Return to “Central Okanagan”