Street Sweepers?

burner
Fledgling

Street Sweepers?

Post by burner »

Along the dusty sand choked streets of the Shannon Lake area , people armed with respirators and binoculars are holding a constant vigil looking for a sign of the elusive creature called a street sweeper. Later and later every year its return to the area remains a mystery and as people hack and choke their ways through the streets they cough and choke out " Please sir , where is it?"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Street Sweepers?????

Post by Fancy »

Sightings of Ogopogo are more common.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Street Sweepers?????

Post by fall »

Stay positive and hang in there, they might get to you guys by July. Its brutal I know, go District of West Kelowna!
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Street Sweepers?

Post by kgcayenne »

You could always all get together, sweep it up and keep it in buckets so that you can sand the streets in the wintertime when the elusive sand trucks take forever and a day to get to you.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Found it

I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

burner wrote:Along the dusty sand choked streets of the Shannon Lake area , people armed with respirators and binoculars are holding a constant vigil looking for a sign of the elusive creature called a street sweeper. Later and later every year its return to the area remains a mystery and as people hack and choke their ways through the streets they cough and choke out " Please sir , where is it?"

Good thing you don't live in rural Canada or dirt roads Saskatchewan, you'd probably be dead choking on dust by now...

I wish a street sweeper would come and do my gravel road...

*removed*
Last edited by Merry on May 8th, 2014, 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Off topic
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

*removed*
Last edited by Merry on May 8th, 2014, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Aw Merry I'm giving these people gold!,gold I tell ya.
Bearto

Post by Bearto »

Yes, the District really can't figure out how to do this street sweeping thing at all. Last year they miss the Glenrosa area Completley, this year they decide to go clockwise from the bridge leaving Shannon Lake, Rose Valley, West Kelowna Estates, Bear Creek etc with an ETA sometime in August I hear

District of West Kelowna, GET ARGO BACK! They at least had a plan after a couple years of trying!
burner
Fledgling

Post by burner »

While I am happy on the most part with the District of West Kelowna since they have taken over, this is one area that could use some major improvement, for it is not only an inconvenience I am sure breathing in fine particulate sand is not all that healthy for your lungs.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

we complain about the rise in taxes and now we want some extra work, grab a broom.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

alfred2 wrote:we complain about the rise in taxes and now we want some extra work, grab a broom.

It's not "extra" work. It's something they are mandated to do several times a year. People would just like to see it done in a timely manner. That's not too much to ask!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

[quote="Bearto"]Yes, the District really can't figure out how to do this street sweeping thing at all. Last year they miss the Glenrosa area Completley, this year they decide to go clockwise from the bridge leaving Shannon Lake, Rose Valley, West Kelowna Estates, Bear Creek etc with an ETA sometime in August I hear

The District Of West Kelowna has a hard time figuring out their heads from their rear ends never mind anything else!
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

I saw them sweeping Shannon lake today. Thank goodness. The end of the world is over.
bazinga42
Fledgling

Post by bazinga42 »

I fully appreciate that these things take time, limited resources, etc etc... but my problem is the fairness of the order. If we are last last year, we should be first this year... but no, we're last again. Do they do the neighborhood the mayor is on first?

I get that arterial roads are done first, that's not what I mean. I mean when it comes to the lowest priority roads (side streets, etc) that are in EVERY community, how do they decide what order to do the communities?

First world problems, I tell you.

Return to “Central Okanagan”