Bear in Glenrosa

rpcontracting

Bear in Glenrosa

Post by rpcontracting »

I have had a black bear in my yard on McLeod road 3 times in the last week. Once for garbage and twice for ???
He is not intimidated by my noise or my dogs. Just wanted to let all the parents know!!
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Re: Bear in Glenrosa

Post by WeatherWoman »

Bears are really common in the area. They were there when I wasa kid in the 70's and 80's and when I visit my parents, my kids get to see him in my parents backyard,
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Yep Glenrosa has bears!
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

I think it is still a good thing for specific locations of where bears are hanging about to be noted when they are in the area of three schools such as in this OP.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

Bird feeders are a huge draw for the bears too, so if you have them up right now, take them down, the birds will be okay :-)
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

rpcontracting wrote:I have had a black bear in my yard on McLeod road 3 times in the last week. Once for garbage and twice for ???
He is not intimidated by my noise or my dogs. Just wanted to let all the parents know!!

He was there the other two times for garbage as well - just didn't find it. If you leave garbage out you run the risk of attracting bears and they will keep coming back to find more "free food".

Bottom line - don't leave your garbage out......

Return to “Central Okanagan”