What's going on at the corner of 97 & Horizon

jutt

What's going on at the corner of 97 & Horizon

Post by jutt »

I see they are removing trees on the corner of Chief Louie's property. Is it expansion of the industrial area or
for an overpass??? If you know anything can you fill me in thanks
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Re: Does anyone know whats going on the corner of 97& Horiz

Post by MalaPropina »

It is my understanding, they are putting a road through, parallel with the highway to join up with Nancee Way as they are doing on the opposite side of the highway to service future commercial and/or industrial developments.

It is not an overpass.

The prospect of an over or underpass going in at that intersection any time in the near future in highly unlikely.
98blazer

Re: What's going on at the corner of 97 & Horizon

Post by 98blazer »

X2 on the road. There is going to be another phase of the new strip mall going in there. Supposedly a grocery store as well. As for another overpass...this is the next planned one after the one being built now (new detour area by the bridge). Planned for 2015 or 2016.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

The gulleys are getting filled in with dirt from the over pass . That is all . There's no plans as of yet.
Strong and free
jutt

Post by jutt »

Why spend money to fill in gulleys their must be a bigger plan
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

I thought that Boucherie was going to connect up with the over and underpasses to eliminate the intersection at Boucherie/Horizon and Hwy 97.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

jutt wrote:Why spend money to fill in gulleys their must be a bigger plan

Of course. It was all over the news at end of 2013, early 2014. Here is a copy and paste from Castanet article of the important bit.

The new project will connect Highway 97 to Sneena Road east of where the proposed new WFN medical centre will be situated.

Sneena Road, which currently runs behind the WFN band office and the new shopping centre would extend along Highway 97 and connect with the Campbell Road interchange to the east and extend west to hook up with Tomat Avenue allowing for a second access to the William R. Bennett Bridge.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

There will be an overpass at boucherie same as the Campbell one. Gulleys are getting filled only because there is free fill.
Strong and free

Return to “Central Okanagan”