Was the RCMP doing their job?

BelieveNothing
Übergod

Re: Was the RCMP doing their job?

Post by BelieveNothing »

Very unfortunate : ( what kind of person kills a beaver? Or a song bird...
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I assume you mean "what turned out to be a paintball gun". IMO you really have to work hard at being that negative about things. Really!!

REALLY.... I didn't dig this up and furthermore ,If so many reports of the discharge of guns, reckless destruction and vandalism including the waste of wildlife at the hands of these morons can go seemingly ignored , there is a need to be negative AND vocal about it ..

Shame on ALL the "authority" that had "better " things to do ALL weekend...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

I strongly agree MApearce.

Dont forget that the RCMP are 'Royal' ... Who do they really serve and protect?

No need to answer :)

Blessings to the beautiful land, creatures and harmonious residence of this lovely area.

The community should police their own neighborhood...since your tax dollars are being spent on a a new castle for the RCMP and not your protection.

Smart people would take a FIRM stand!!! Enough is Enough.

We are told to not fight our own battles...the governement and crown have told us they will protect us. If one does take an action to protect oneself they are more often viewed as a criminal, nice system...creating weakness, dependency and criminals.

My opinion the RCMP are out and out thugs. Nothing more.

Cop bashing...you bet!!!
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

REALLY.... I didn't dig this up and furthermore ,If so many reports of the discharge of guns, reckless destruction and vandalism including the waste of wildlife at the hands of these morons can go seemingly ignored , there is a need to be negative AND vocal about it ..

Shame on ALL the "authority" that had "better " things to do ALL weekend..

MaPearce.... I was remarking on your post where [through your choice of words] you inferred that the police were responding, helicopter and all, when they received a complaint of someone with a paintball gun in a school yard. I don't believe that they were responding to anything but a report of someone WITH A GUN in a school yard which anyone would consider a serious, dangerous and high priority public safety issue... don't you agree. I guess I don't see why you would throw that into the mix in discussing this incident? I think it very hard to believe that the police would not consider drunks discharging firearms at or near an occupied campground anything but high priority. That being the case, I would be really interested in knowing exactly what information was imparted to the police or the 911 operator when the complaints were called in.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

One report of a gun gets what seems to be the whole flippin force , chopper included while reportS of many people with lots of guns being discharged dangerously close to people gets NOTHING AT ALL...

NO .... I don't agree that given the two circumstances , one should be considered differently.

Never mind all the rest all the rest of the damage done... That just might indicate something would have NOT happened IF any authority had responded BEFORE Monday.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

I will say it again. Ifthe RCMP or the 911 Operator were given the information, as it is now being described, failure to respond to the complaint is very difficult to understand and certainly the only legitimate reason for failing to attend the area would be servicing calls of a higher priority. The latter situation would be a matter of record. Since the OP initiated this thread, perhaps he/she could further inform us as to whether (a) they have spoken to the RCMP as to why they failed to attend; (b) whether they have made a formal complaint to the member in charge of the RCMP Detachment; or, (c) lodged a complaint with the Commission for Complaints Against the RCMP. An update would be nice.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

as it is now being described,

I guess we'll have to review the "tapes" of the calls made to the "authorities"

Good luck with THAT ..

I will say it again. Ifthe RCMP or the 911 Operator were given the information, as it is now being described, failure to respond to the complaint is very difficult to understand and certainly the only legitimate reason for failing to attend the area would be servicing calls of a higher priority.

Let me elaborate...

calls of people running wild with guns where other people without guns are just living their lives should be taken SERIOUSLY , considering "running wild with guns " isn't ALLOWED ..

Say it all you want , but until you're the one running for cover while cookin smokies for your kin , you won't understand

I'm thinking "people running wild with guns" is a "priority"....
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

I am not arguing that the police didn't need to attend or that they were right in not attending. I have said before, and repeat, if this incident was reported the way it is being described [after the fact] the police should have attended. The question is: Is this the way it was reported? The people who called 911 or the Detachment, either are not now reading this forum or don't wish to comment further on exactly what they told the police/911.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Treblehook wrote:I am not arguing that the police didn't need to attend or that they were right in not attending. I have said before, and repeat, if this incident was reported the way it is being described [after the fact] the police should have attended. The question is: Is this the way it was reported? The people who called 911 or the Detachment, either are not now reading this forum or don't wish to comment further on exactly what they told the police/911.

well think of it this way , if your calling in about someone with guns shooting in a area that is not a gun range, how could you report that , with out saying , guns are involved? i highly doubt they would have said hay police, there drunk people running around with marshmallows :)
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

No need for the sarcasm! As I have said a number of times in this thread, the people who reported this stuff and got no police attendance, need to lodge formal complaints for lack of service. Clearly, that is the way to have the situation resolved. If they have not made any such complaints, I don't know what they are doing bringing the matter to the press!!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Treblehook wrote:No need for the sarcasm! As I have said a number of times in this thread, the people who reported this stuff and got no police attendance, need to lodge formal complaints for lack of service. Clearly, that is the way to have the situation resolved. If they have not made any such complaints, I don't know what they are doing bringing the matter to the press!!

Sad that a "formal complaint " would be needed here..... But bring the story to the press serves many purposes.

Might even let some parents in on what their kids were doing that weekend.... I doubt anyone would brag to Mom n Dad about being part of " THAT " ..
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

The RCMP are suffering some pretty harsh criticism on this one and it is perhaps one of those situations where they could benefit from being more transparent in providing some answers to the public as to why a seemingly significant complaint involving public safety was not responded to. Don't you think?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

B.C. conservation officer Sgt. Jim Beck said they’re appealing to members of the Headwaters group to come forward with more details.

“We have two pieces of evidence that may lead us back to those responsible,” said Beck. “There may be some people in that group who are as appalled by this behaviour as we are. We’re hoping they’ll come forward.”

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Skinned ... story.html

Really hope someone comes forward.

While a call about the party in progress was made to RAPP Saturday (Conservation Officer Service, Report All Poachers and Polluters 1-877-952-7277), the message was not received by the office until Monday.

Locals were concerned for their safety. And while RCMP were called Friday, they report making no findings when they drove to the site. Local residents hope more officers are on patrol in the future.

“Police presence, more conservation officers, that’s all we need,” says Mark. “Somebody with a gun and a badge. To scare these people away.”

Conservation reportedly has a license plate recovered from the scene that is being investigated among other debris found at the scene. A security gate at the watershed was also destroyed.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1348780/gun-t ... peachland/
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Treblehook wrote:The RCMP are suffering some pretty harsh criticism on this one and it is perhaps one of those situations where they could benefit from being more transparent in providing some answers to the public as to why a seemingly significant complaint involving public safety was not responded to. Don't you think?

I do indeed and I think both they AND the BC Conservation service deserve it equally ...

Considering this little "snippet" from the Glenmore road thing..

“In all cases where shots are reported, police must respond as if the complaint is legitimate until proven otherwise," says Clark. "Fortunately, police were able to affect a high risk search of a known residence with no one being injured."

I guess that's the difference , huh ? A high risk search of a known residence ..

Multiple shots in the bush on a "known weekend" with multiple innocent people at risk means squat ....
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

You're of course assuming they didn't attend. Have you considered that they did but by the time they got there everyone was gone? Didn't think so.

Return to “Central Okanagan”