Was the RCMP doing their job?

westbankkid
Übergod

Was the RCMP doing their job?

Post by westbankkid »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#115655

According to the above story the RCMP were called regarding discharging of firearms and refused to attend. I wonder why?? When they did decide to attend after everything was over Sunday, they found numerous dead birds and a skinned shot beaver. The place looked like the City Dump.
Sounds like someone in authority screwed up>>>
techrtr
Übergod

Re: Was the RCMP doing their job???

Post by techrtr »

Why is it that so many rednecked idiots live in the Okanagan? It's getting really embarrassing how stupid Canadians have become. And don't say it's a minority - we really do have more than our fair share of morons.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I thought it said "skinned shot Bieber" and was like "Awesome!".

Way to disappoint everybody.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
chmc

Post by chmc »

Jackson added that she is frustrated her calls to police Friday went unanswered as the partiers were back in full force Saturday.

“Friday night it was guns, I drove down the mountain at 1 a.m. and I passed seven trucks driving up the mountain with guns out the windows, shooting into the forest and throwing beer cans,” says Jackson. “I am shocked no one died this weekend.”

Beck says BC Conservation is working with the West Kelowna RCMP and are determined to find those responsible and hold them accountable.

Anyone with information is asked to call West Kelowna RCMP or if you witnessed the poaching or any environmental infractions at this event or any other event you are asked to call the 24-hour RAPP line at 1-877-952-7277.

Now the police are getting involved...where the hell were they when they were first called??? Timmy's??? Makes no sense at all!
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

chmc wrote:...Now the police are getting involved...where the hell were they when they were first called??? Timmy's??? Makes no sense at all!

With all the appreciation and support they get for what they have to do, maybe they finally decided finishing the paperwork with a double-double was more rational then rushing up a mountain full of armed drunks in the middle of the night.

In some places in the world police wont enter certain areas at night because the place is full of violent armed criminals ... or some muslim neighbourhoods...maybe this is now our cross to bear for being ingrates and raising stupid kids.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I read the calls were unanswered - not that the police refused to attend. I would think the police were very busy that night.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

There were some Grad parties over the weekend, our future leaders were just enjoying a little r and r.
Black Dogs Matter
chmc

Post by chmc »

Fancy wrote:I read the calls were unanswered - not that the police refused to attend. I would think the police were very busy that night.

Calls unanswered??? Thought that is why we have the 911 system...silly me. As for raising kids that act in this manner - that may pertain to the person who stated it - not me or the majority of society. Then there is the statement re: police not attending because of the guns...*bleep*...gawd help us, because evidently the police won't...
acidrain
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by acidrain »

I find this story so incredibly disturbing. Glad I'm not the only one who is outraged at the RCMP. The only time I ever see them is when they do their cash grabbing speed traps. The RCMP have earned their poor reputation. Stories like these don't help.

I was looking up the salary of a RCMP constable and you start out at $50,674. After 36 months or 3 years of service you top out at $82,108. I'm surprised they still go to Timmies when they can obviously afford Starbucks.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

chmc wrote:Calls unanswered??? Thought that is why we have the 911 system...silly me.

The police are involved now and if 911 was called there would need to be officers available at the time. I suspect they were involved elsewhere.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Was the RCMP doing their job?

Post by mexi cali »

Police don't typically ignore calls regarding parties in the bush. They prioritize them and respond accordingly. Sometimes that means that some calls may go seemingly unanswered.

If they responded every time there was a party up Princeton, they would have to set up a station there and man it 24/7.

The whole story sucks. I will never understand why there are groups who insist on acting completely out of control and taking over the top risks. I love guns and I love beer but never the two shall mix.

Killing animals indiscriminately is an abhorrent act. It speaks to mental state. I have always felt that anyone who would willfully kill an animal in the way these were killed is a sociopath in the making.

The only for sure that comes out of this is they will be caught. Not enough will be done but they will be caught.

Someone in the group was scared and sickened by the stupidity and cruelty and will tell someone who will tell someone.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

I don't know how anyone could arrive at a conclusion about where these jerks come from when they haven't been identified yet. It is possible they are from the Okanagan.. maybe even likely, but certainly not determined as yet. Also, the usual cop bashing people are johnny on the spot, condemning the RCMP for not attending this bush party with speculation as to why they failed to attend. The police will certainly answer for their decision regarding attendance if there is a complaint lodged for lack of service; but, we all know that long weekends are very busy for the police and we also understand that calls for service are necessarily prioritized according to the seriousness of the complaint. The bad guys here are the lowlife losers who demonstrated no respect for the wilderness, the wildlife, the safety and security of others in the area. There seems to be no shortage of this kind of goof these days. Obviously they were brought up with no values whatsoever.
acidrain
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by acidrain »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Police don't typically ignore calls regarding parties in the bush. They prioritize them and respond accordingly. Sometimes that means that some calls may go seemingly unanswered.

Headwaters Family Resort owner said she was so concerned for the safety of her guests she advised them to not leave the property. There is a big difference between a bunch of people getting drunk in the bush and a bunch of people shooting guns while drunk in the bush. According to the article there were SEVEN trucks with guns shooting out the window into the forest. If someone had innocently gotten shot would we even be having this conversation right now? There is a good chance they were drinking and driving. Do the police not have a duty to protect the public?

Treblehook wrote:The police will certainly answer for their decision regarding attendance if there is a complaint lodged for lack of service; but, we all know that long weekends are very busy for the police and we also understand that calls for service are necessarily prioritized according to the seriousness of the complaint.

If the RCMP are not going to respond to a call there are over SEVEN trucks with drunk people shooting out the windows there is something clearly wrong with law enforcement. This was affecting someone's business and you have to wonder if the people who visited the resort will come back. What does this tell tourists coming to our area? We live in the wild west?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

If the RCMP are not going to respond to a call there are over SEVEN trucks with drunk people shooting out the windows there is something clearly wrong with law enforcement
Since we're not privy to the contents of the call and we have no idea what RCMP resources were like at the time, I'll reserve judgment. How many officers were on duty at the time?
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

What really scares me is how many of these losers drove back to town completely drunk after their moron fest in the bush.

Return to “Central Okanagan”