Peachland

Business and professional recommendations.
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Re: Peachland

Post by CountryAtHeart »

I grew up in Peachland, and it was great! It was half the size then so getting to a friends house was more difficult. That is when a bike comes in handy. There are some good parks all around town. The beach area and the big park downtown is truly wonderful. We moved to Westbank after we had our first child. We wish we had stayed. I used to drive them to the Peachland beach because they had a lot more fun there. All the grandparents still live there and now that my kids are all grown they would still rather go to Peachland than go to the beach here in Westbank. And I hate to say this but Westbank is not the place for young kids. There is a lot of drugs and drinking at the beaches...not to mention the amount of vandalism. The District just put in a swimming wharf and it has already been pulled apart. If I was having to raise kids now...I would definitely move back to Peachland.
ehlersroadecho

Re: Peachland

Post by ehlersroadecho »

I was raised in Peachland and still live there, after 25 years..I have to say, it's grown a lot over that time.. When I was in the Elementary School, I had wonderful teachers who were there every step of the way...:) We have some wonderful little restaurants, including the Gasthaus where I recommend anybody to go when they visit or move here, it's very nice authentic German food! Also our Chinese Restaurant has very good food, and lots of ice-cream! The people are very welcoming and friendly, and yes, there's not al to to do but you can get to the next town in 10 to 15 minutes, if you have to do a larger shop.

Return to “Referrals”