West Kelowna Landfill Hours

localsonly14

West Kelowna Landfill Hours

Post by localsonly14 »

Wouldn't it be a good idea if the dump was open 7 days a week during summer. I understand it is not necessary during the winter months as people are not getting rid of yard waste. However, with our green bins only being emptied every 2 weeks it would be nice to be able to access the dump during the week. This weekend for instance it is raining and most people will probably not be able to cut their lawn and get it to the dump on the weekend.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Re: West Kelowna Landfill Hours

Post by dodgerdodge »

But the idea behind the restricted hours was due to the gradual closing down of this facility was it not? As far as i remember anyway.
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

It is open 4 days a week, Fri-Mon and those times should be good for most folks. There is rarely a line up there, so I do not understand the problem as to why you cannot find the time to get there.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

localsonly14 wrote: cut their lawn and get it to the dump on the weekend.

I have never pick up the clipping from my lawn. Just mulch it and let it sit. It's better for your lawn and less work for you.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

It would be nice but it is also nice that the district is cutting costs. The dump fees nearly doubled I heard so you will have people doing illegal dumps more often anyway and then a few that illegally dump due to not being open during the week and being convenient for them. Most responsible people will hang on to their yard waste or extra trash until they open but not everyone, I see nice piles of garbage left in the weirdest places all the time!

Return to “Central Okanagan”