Vandals on Webber Road

lenigouny

Vandals on Webber Road

Post by lenigouny »

Took a quick drive on webber/galloway rd this morning (monday June 16), noticed a bunch of vandalism, spray paint on a garage door, mailbox's, spray foam insulation on a vehicle. I miss my beautiful glenrosa. Anyone know if they caught the misguided souls.

Leni
wha

Re: Vandals on Webber Road

Post by wha »

Sadly Glenrosa has gone downhill in the last few years. I have lived here for close to 20 years and have seen many disturbing changes. In the last year or so I have seen bands of people roaming the streets at night egging houses, breaking car windows, and generally being a nuisance. The police attend quickly when called but there seems to be no end to the supply of those happy to cause others grief. The effect of all this is that the people who don't engage in such activities get tired of it all and move to a better neighbourhood resulting in the overall decline. Anybody have any suggestions?
Darlin06
Board Meister

Post by Darlin06 »

We live further up Glenrosa by the fire hall, but it's the same thing. When we first moved here 4 years ago, we fell in love with the neighbourhood. It was clean, family oriented, quiet. We're only early 30's. In the last couple years, we've seen a rapid decline. Both of our trucks were robbed, kids walk around throwing firecrackers into our yards and at our garage doors after lighting them. I've seen lots of graffiti on fences, community mailboxes... Perhaps some sort of a neighbourhood watch program would help...
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." ~ Ann Landers
O4chrisake

Post by O4chrisake »

I too have the displeasure of having my vehicle rifled through on several occasions over the years. Before any of you professional posters start the onslaught of "well you should have locked your car" let me say that I guess I believe in and trust people will stay away from the belongings of others. Yes that might be a little bit naïve but when we lose that faith what are we left with?

This last time I was robbed of a nice little Sony Cybershot camera an equally nice bottle of cologne and my wallet was ripped apart with absolutely nothing stolen from it. All my ID and credit cards were left. Kids I'm guessing but who knows. So if your beloved youngsters have been bragging about a new camera that "johnny" gave me and they smell a little like grapefruit (the cologne) maybe give me a PM and we can deal with it privately rather than get the police involved.

In the next little while I will be, on occasion leaving my vehicle in my driveway with the windows open and a little surprise inside. That little surprise will be me concealed in the back waiting eagerly to greet the little wayward ones that have chosen the wrong vehicle this time. Should be fun!!
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

O4chrisake wrote:Before any of you professional posters start the onslaught of.......

10/10 !!! The nail has been hit squarely on the head with that comment!! Well said.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

My only suggestion for Glenrosa is to pay attention to your dirt bag kids.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

I live in Glenrosa and have had my truck picked though. I know these are local kids looking for what ever is easy because they left a few high priced items. Useless to them I guess. Shows how stupid they are are. They took coins and a grease gun without the battery and charger.
Idiot. Now it's useless to everyone. The pawn shop wouldn't buy it it without the battery. Loser. Anyone want a charger and batteries for a grease gun that I no longer have? Check the ditch in front of your house. I'm sure they chucked it somewhere nearby.
sislonski

Post by sislonski »

We have lived in Glenrosa for 17 yrs. We were victims of theft in early 2000 when an old dude driving around in his camper was checking out homes to see if anyone was there and if no one was home he stole items out if their shed. One day some loggers came across a shack up in the bush and started looking around, and because my husband is also a logger and mentioned over the radio to other loggers what was stolen, the guys recognized some of his stuff. So he went and stole his tools back then called the police. The shack was FULL of stolen things.

Then when we moved from upper Glenrosa to lower, we were building and someone came one morning while husband was at work and I wasn't there , broke into the tool shed and stole all the tools. EVERYTHING! Neither times were teens.

Since 2003 we haven't had too many problems except our wheelbarrow being stolen. Now we lock everything up, including the car, plus I'm usually home 24/7.

The only issues we have now are teens leaving garbage on our driveway, adults leaving cigarette butts on our driveway, adults throwing their bags of dog poo into our yard, and kids simply walking through our yard like it's theirs. Most young kids are polite and considerate and apologize when I tell them it's our yard after all it does look like a park. But two young people in particular refuse to stop trespassing. Not only do they trespass at the top of our property but they will purposely walk right past my house into my property and ignore me or laugh when I tell them this is my yard and please stop trespassing. It's a boy and a girl. They usually come up from below McIver Rd, from Gorman rd area perhaps? They both have skateboards, the boy is tall , fair hair and glasses, the girl is skinny, long brown hair, dresses like a boy, and could be a boy for all I know as she doesn't really look like a girl. Could be a boy with long hair, not sure. I figured very long hair, must be girl. Both wear toques most of the time, typical skeeter boy garb. The two are always together.

Anyhow they are very rude and inconsiderate and are trespassing. The next time I see them I will be taking photos and calling the police. I'm fed up! What is it with parents that can't teach their kids rules and common consideration for your neighbors. The school wall Gorman side is littered with garbage and graffiti as is the McIver Rd side. I hear kids over at the school during the summer vandalizing the place and I am constantly calling police.

In warmer temperatures we also have had kids partying on our property, leaving beer cans everywhere.
One day I approached two boys who were on the property having a smoke and some wacky tobacco. When I told the they were in my yard their response was oh! Sorry, this is a nice place, in fact we were thinking we should have a party here one night. I replied, thank you, I spend a lot of time working in my yard to keep it nice and presentable to my neighbors and for my own enjoyment, as much as I'd love to let others enjoy it, I don't appreciate all the garbage they leave behind.

I've recently installed security cameras and am about to install other security measures. I have even had a homeless man decide to take shelter in my yard. Time to up my anti. I don't think it's just Glenrosa or Westbank. Take a look at the map the police put in the paper of crime and where it's committed. It's all over the place.
Lyndslee
Fledgling

Post by Lyndslee »

sislonski wrote: But two young people in particular refuse to stop trespassing. Not only do they trespass at the top of our property but they will purposely walk right past my house into my property and ignore me or laugh when I tell them this is my yard and please stop trespassing. It's a boy and a girl. They usually come up from below McIver Rd, from Gorman rd area perhaps? They both have skateboards, the boy is tall , fair hair and glasses, the girl is skinny, long brown hair, dresses like a boy, and could be a boy for all I know as she doesn't really look like a girl. Could be a boy with long hair, not sure. I figured very long hair, must be girl. Both wear toques most of the time, typical skeeter boy garb. The two are always together.

Anyhow they are very rude and inconsiderate and are trespassing. The next time I see them I will be taking photos and calling the police. I'm fed up! What is it with parents that can't teach their kids rules and common consideration for your neighbors. The school wall Gorman side is littered with garbage and graffiti as is the McIver Rd side. I hear kids over at the school during the summer vandalizing the place and I am constantly calling police. .

The boy lives on McRae rd and the girl is on McMahon. These two are constantly skateboarding in front of our house on McRaeRd if you need to find them. The have their metal ramp that they park in the middle of the road and refuse to move for cars, resulting in cars breaking hard, horns honking and screaming. Neighbours have called the cops many times, but they are still out there night after night. Last night around 930 I watched I lady get out of her car and start screaming at them to get off the road. I've talked to them before about the noise of the constant clanking from their skate boards on the metal ramp, plus their swearing loudly waking up my baby even though she has a white noise machine playing. They have stopped when I asked how much longer. Last night I walked half way up my drive way with my awake baby at 10 pm and they left without me having to talk to them. I'm getting fed up. Next time a car honks at them I'm going to their parents houses to wake them up and make them aware what''s going on. I'm somewhat glad to see I'm not the only one having an issue with them
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I have something really valuable to say to this but I can't get the coin to drop.

Stay tuned.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Central Okanagan”