Peachland Paradise Valley Drive Legal Grow Op

legordon

Peachland Paradise Valley Drive Legal Grow Op

Post by legordon »

I received a letter from the regional district stating our neighbour has applied for re-zoning to allow for a legal marijuana growing facility. I have lived near illegal growing facilities and they stink. I fear the peaceful forest we live in will be changed.
sassybee
Board Meister

Re: Peachland Paradise Valley Drive Legal Grow Op

Post by sassybee »

Wouldn't worry about it. When it's licenced, there is MANY rules that have to be followed. You will be able to stand right outside the building, and you will not even know it's in there. Far better than an illegal one!
waterwings
Übergod

Post by waterwings »

But when will the rules. policies and procedures come out for where one can smoke that stuff. The odor is sickening and people's homes, yards heck just personal space is going to be soured by those who are high and just waiting for an accident to happen on yours, mines or other properties. I can just see it now but your honour the landlord should have known that I could slip and fall when I am high. Anyone owing property land or other wise ought to be prepared for those under the influence hurting themselves or others because they will not have to hide anymore and the means trouble.
sislonski

Post by sislonski »

There goes the value of your home. I would never buy a home next to a grow op, legal or illegal. I hate the smell as well but I'd be more concerned over crime. Druggies trying to get in the place, maybe mistaking you place for the grow op place, guns, criminals etc. no one would ever be able to convince me that because it's legal all us we'll. I'd be putting up a big stink if I were you. The letter is to inform you, not to tell you it's going to automatically happen, rD wants you to put up a stink, they don't really want it either. You don't have to agree to it. The more neighbors that disagree, the less chance that it will be approved.
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

my propery value has been reduced by tax assement board and am appealing to have it declared unsellable untill the government deals with the marijuana issue.one living next to one
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

If you can't sell it, will you give it to me. I can put up with a little skunky weedy smell.
Black Dogs Matter
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

think your making a big deal out of nothing there are pretty tough rules and guidelines they have to follow most of the legal ones now you wouldn't know there even there.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

steve mc wrote:my propery value has been reduced by tax assement board and am appealing to have it declared unsellable untill the government deals with the marijuana issue.one living next to one

I'll give you $0.50 on the dollar for your home. I'll live beside stoners rather than drunks any day.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
ron2078

Post by ron2078 »

Give me a break. There are probably over 100 grow sites in Peachland. The neighbours don't even know they are there. Stop with the lowering property values and criminal element Bull S.. Most people are in favour of pot, and legalizing it.. Your property value would probably go up.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

kgcayenne wrote:I'll give you $0.50 on the dollar for your home. I'll live beside stoners rather than drunks any day.

True but drunks don't usually have a still in the basement, steal electricity, etc.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I bet they would if booze wasn't legal
guxcon

Post by guxcon »

I would ask the RDCO if the grow-op has a Health Canada Permit and if not why are they even entertaining the application. In the Westside Industrial Park we are dealing with the putrid odors from various grow-ops yet according to Health Canada website there are only 13 permits to grow and none are in the Okanagan. Numerous discussions with and complaint's to Bylaw enforcement, the Building department and the economic development officer of DWK have not resolved any issues.

My questions of who is regulating these operations and are they actually legal operations has never been given a straight answer. The DWK seems to be content to "investigate the matter" and continue discussions amongst themselves while our employees and customers are exposed to the putrid odors on a daily basis.

It seems that in their infinite wisdom the PDB allowing operations to exist with no Health Canada Permit and no regulations other that a distance from residential and Institutional activities. There was more thought put into a sign bylaw than the bylaw concerning grow ops and as one person at DWK agrees "it's ludicrous!" but we can't do anything about it.

Return to “Central Okanagan”