New Telus Phonebook

nikonfan
Fledgling

Re: New Telus Phonebook

Post by nikonfan »

When I is was in business I would always ask my customers when I was in their home to use their phone book. I was doing my own research on which phone book my customers would give me to use. Before the the mass amount of personnel devices that have numbers at your finger tips *bleep* was mostly used to prop up speakers, door stops, or computer screens and the telus book was used by 99% of people. The last few years when I asked no one could find the phone book so I canceled all my phone book adds. Both books no longer are needed.
southernfrau
Board Meister

Post by southernfrau »

I use Info Tel or online lookups. I went to look in the phone book for the hospital in Kelowna for dept numbers and Telus didn't have it but Info Tel did.
mystica
Board Meister

Post by mystica »

Reasons to save the phone book.
There are people (any age) who are not computer savvy and so need the book.
I often find it difficult to locate numbers on the computer.I try a number of different sites and then look up the phone book and there they are.
It's good for the brain. How many other times do we exercise the alphabetical look up section of the brain? Since using the phone book so much less than before, it's tough to remember the sequence of the alphabet. I have to recite it as I go.
Not everyone has a smart phone with its own mini directory in it. If we do, maybe we don't bother storing all those numbers.
Getting rid of the phone books would lose a lot of people their jobs.....think about it.

A little gardening tip.
Tear out a few pages. Fold them to fit the bottom of a plant trough - say 6 sheets thick. Add soil, add plants - Hey Presto! An excellent way to keep plants moist longer. The damp paper takes longer to dry out than just soil.
Another one.
Put sheets of phone book into the compost bin. Wet down thoroughly. It helps to keep the compost damp and speed up the rotting down process. Repeat when all the paper is covered with another layer of composting material.

Return to “Central Okanagan”