Strange

1life2live

Strange

Post by 1life2live »

I was relaxing in the house on July 1st in the afternoon when my kid and I heard a loud strange noise, Like something large fell over and hit the floor but from a distance. I could not pinpoint where it came from and gave up thinking maybe a neigbour dropped something of a truck or something. Two days later my wife noticed a small hole in the stairwell ceiling going downstairs and asked me about it when I got home from work. I investigated in the attic expecting maybe a board or something had broken and hit the drywall ceiling and poked the hole. What I found was that everything was in place. I cleared away the blown in insulation from the area and found that something has entered the attic and left a witness mark on the ceiling drywall about an 1 1/2 long before it finally punched thru the vapour barrier and the drywall. I did an inspection of the roof from inside the attic and from up on the roof but can find no entry point. My wife says she did find a small rock about the size of my thumb nail at the bottom of the stairs but because she had not noticed the hole in the ceiling yet she picked it up believing one of the kids brought it in and thru it out. I don't know what it could have been to cause this damage. Maybe a rock fell off a plane, but I don't think terminal velocity could push it thru fiberglass shingles, 7/16 OSB board vapour barrier and 1/2 inch drywall. The only other thing I can think of is a meteor. (*bleep*) Do they travel at speeds higher than terminal velocity?
Frisk
Guru

Re: Strange

Post by Frisk »

Last edited by Frisk on Nov 23rd, 2020, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Find it and go to the White lake observatory and see if it is a meteor. and if it is..its worth money....find it...dont throw it out...and yes they will fall faster than T.V. thats why you hear a sonic boom because its falling at over the speed of sound.

the reason it can go that fast is because the velocity of the rock was going faster by momentum until it hit the atmosphere.

Thats why the Felix the guy that jumped from the redbull started his jump in the atmosphere that was less dense so he actually fell at mach 1.25 before slowing down in the denser air.

Ummm...something like that.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I think it's technically a meteorite when it enters our atmosphere but either way, it sounds like your home was struck by one.

Find it.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Central Okanagan”