Vehicle Break-Ins In Peachland

sixxonesixx
Fledgling

Vehicle Break-Ins In Peachland

Post by sixxonesixx »

Anyone ever get frustrated when you come back to your car in the parking lot and it has been broken into? What would you do if you caught them in the act? Well just so happens I was walking by the yacht club in Peachland and noticed a pair of feet wiggling out the top of a jeep. At first I thought they may have forgotten their keys or something stupid. So I watched this woman for a minute. When her look-out noticed I was watching, he said something to her and she jumped out and went back to her vehicle. This all happened in the parking lot alongside the yacht club. As soon as she got into the vehicle her accomplice started putting things away so they could leave quietly. As I started to walk up to them, they pulled away. They drove north along Beach Avenue then immediately turned around going south. I walked up to the vehicle and told them to stop. They just continued driving. I jumped in my car and followed them through Peachland but they drove very fast and I stopped. They drove away with the back hatch open on their minivan. This vehicle had no plates front or rear. When I went back I noticed the owners of the Jeep were leaving and told them what was happening. The vehicle had been gone through but there was nothing to steal. This getaway vehicle was a garbage bag green minivan possibly a 85-90 Astrovan .He was approximately 6'2" about 180 lbs and approximately 55-60 - short greying hair wearing a round straw hat. She was about 45-50 with a dirty blond ponytail with a dark shirt and colored shorts. These people had a small long hair red dog with them.
I'm writing this because Castanet has been instrumental in catching many wrong- doers with their huge audience. These people were pro's for sure. The police have been notified and are looking for them as I write this. If any of this jogs your memory, please contact Westside RCMP. I'm sick and tired of these creeps who prey on anything or anyone. I saw them up close and personal and will never the face of a thief. I'm hoping the little red dog will give them away.
janalta
Übergod

Re: Vehicle Break-Ins In Peachland

Post by janalta »

People are simply just selfish and ignorant, with no regard at all for anyone but themselves.

I manage a mobile home park in West Kelowna...I try to make the front entrance look inviting for the tenants and guests by planting lots of flowers, etc.....at my own expense. I always have a huge hanging basket right out front of the office door...which also happens to be my house. We're talking big...at least 4 ft long, 2 ft across....gorgeous.
I left for work at 5:30 this morning....and when my daughter went out to water the plants a few hours later...it was gone.
This wasn't something you could simply walk away with...it was way too big and heavy to carry....so someone watched me leave and pulled their vehicle up to my front door, grabbed it off the wall and drove off with it.
Seriously....what the hell is wrong with people ?????
No respect for other people at all.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
sixxonesixx
Fledgling

Post by sixxonesixx »

Just found out the little dog was a long hair Dachshund. Really hopes this helps someone remember. Very positive these are the people that are robbing cars in West Kelowna also.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

sixxonesixx wrote:Just found out the little dog was a long hair Dachshund. Really hopes this helps someone remember. Very positive these are the people that are robbing cars in West Kelowna also.

Good job, too bad you didn't have a Iphone for one of those gotcha shots.
sixxonesixx
Fledgling

Post by sixxonesixx »

Well looks like the blonde woman is now a brunette. These are a very brazen pair. A friend observed the same woman with her feet sticking out of a Honda in the parking lot at the Peachland Community Center on Sunday morning. He thought she had also locked her keys in her car and never thought twice until I mentioned it to him. Peachland is a small town and they will be caught eventually. Recent change to brunette, green garbage bag color minivan, red-hair dachshund dog, front plates not always on the van? Ring a bell? Contact Westside RCMP.
karma151

Post by karma151 »

We had a similar incadent last night at the gelatly nut farm.. the perp coat hangered out front door to steal off the front seat.. trigger the alarm grabbed and drove off... I was a stones throw away so looked to see about my alarm... though maybe this van I seen pulling out had hit our car i went over to check.. and notice a van leaving the area with their back hatch up... I dodnt get a good look at it but I was thinking newer 2013 dodge caravan in a dark pearly blue with the auto rear hatch... although I wasnt very focused on the van so it could have been green... either or.... anybody else with a similar incident???
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Jul 25th, 2014, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic personal attack
JenPeachland

Post by JenPeachland »

There was just a couple arrested on Beach Ave by swim bay, they were inebriated and were caught stealing backpacks from people at swim bay, seems to fit the descriptions above. They were both taken away by police, Im not sure if they have a green van
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Hope it was those scum who were breaking into cars. Their actions were despicable to say the least. The epitome of the real loser. Wouldn't it be like all your birthdays coming at once to happen upon them as they were rifling through your car? Hopefully they get charged and their names made public in the media. Then all their friends and neigbors will know what sorry creatures they really are.
nikonfan
Fledgling

Post by nikonfan »

There are unfortunately quite a few low life's that go into vehicles to take stuff that is not theirs. You have to be quite a loser to drive around all hours of the night and look for unlocked cars. I caught some lowlife at 2am on my security camera. He stopped in front of our house and then proceeded to see if any one of my vehicle doors would open and after having no luck drove off. Guy with grey hair, pot belly and driving a red Chrysler Sebring. Tried posting my security video on here but not compatible. Happened up Princeton near cemetery.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

You should try to upload on youtube, then post youtube link here.

Lots of vandalism near Princeton / Cemetery. I think even the food bank was broken into a couple of weeks ago.
JenPeachland

Post by JenPeachland »

Well i guess they weren't caught, my vehicle in my driveway was broken into on Tues night. Jerks.

Return to “Central Okanagan”