Rollover on 97C

TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: Rollover on 97C

Post by TreeGuy »

Bsuds wrote:Trailer was destroyed so hard to tell the size. A van is not the best tow vehicle and maybe it was overloaded.

You know it was overloaded. All of us have been on that 3 day camping trip where it seems everything but the kitchen sink has been loaded into the vehicle and trailer.

Weight distribution in the trailer is another factor.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

As a poster in another thread said. "It's amazing how much stuff we take to get away from it all." lol

I still have room in my 5th wheel so I must be able to get more stuff in there.

I hope the guy airlifted to the hospital is OK.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

Bsuds wrote:Trailer was destroyed so hard to tell the size. A van is not the best tow vehicle and maybe it was overloaded.

TreeGuy wrote:You know it was overloaded. All of us have been on that 3 day camping trip where it seems everything but the kitchen sink has been loaded into the vehicle and trailer.

Weight distribution in the trailer is another factor.

...if you look at the 2nd pic, it would appear to be a GMC Yukon XL...there's a 1/2 ton and a 3/4 ton version of that truck - very capable of pulling a moderately sized and loaded trailer...we all know what the winds can be like up on the Connector, and it's certainly been windy down here...
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Naw, every accident from here on in is due to the increased speed limit, every accident before was something else. No other possible explanation.

Nevermind that the average speed was 118km/h before the change anyway.
On a different forum
mpom

Post by mpom »

I did get a text from a travelling friend stating that it was very windy on the connector yesterday.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Daspoot wrote:Naw, every accident from here on in is due to the increased speed limit, every accident before was something else. No other possible explanation.

Nevermind that the average speed was 118km/h before the change anyway.

Those were caused by speed too. Every accident is caused by speed. Speed, speed, speed. ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

It's pretty rare that you hear of accidents caused by driving too slow....mmmmk.
Sure do love Rutland!!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

phasyluck wrote:It's pretty rare that you hear of accidents caused by driving too slow....mmmmk.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ashes.html
http://www.esurance.com/safety/driving-too-slowly
http://www.motorists.org/speed-limits/faq
http://www.allcarrentacar.com/blog/the- ... oo-slowly/

.... mmmmk.

Of course you'll never hear about that because its not important enough to report on. Speed is like sex, it sells the news, just like DUIs, now distracted driving and grandma mistaking the gas for the brake pedal. When it comes to road safety, we're so far behind the times its not even funny, its actually quite tragic. For decades, we've been brainwashed with the whole speed kills propaganda, that almost every other traffic offence gets overlooked, including slow drivers impeding traffic and doddling in the left lane. Unsafe at any speed.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

TreeGuy wrote:Weight distribution in the trailer is another factor.

Yes among other things.

Often when I see the size of the wheels on trailers I have two thoughts come up, the first being why some that are clearly sketchy are even allowed, and then second why some of these manufacturers aren't given a slap upside the head for stupidity.

When I required a trailer, I used one that had the same size tires as the truck I pulled it with, and I never had any issues pulling that trailer, regardless of the speed.

Some of the trailers I see on the highway have wheels that belong on a lawnmower, so little wonder they get hot and don't tow all that well. Apparently some manufacturers haven't tuned in to the fact that a tiny diameter wheel has to work proportionately harder to the bigger wheels pulling it, something excellent for creating heat issues and adventurous towing experiences.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Hey I'm on your side, there are good solid defensive drivers on the roads.....you have to be, in order to keep outta trouble. Elders , foreign people who may not be familiar with driving practices and so on. Most accidents boil down to lack of driving skill and common sense, although they will still be considered accidents.
Sure do love Rutland!!
nikonfan
Fledgling

Post by nikonfan »

You do not need to go fast to get an object acting like a wall to get blown over in a gust of wind. I have traveled that highway daily and can tell you the forces of the wind on that highway are unbelievable. This video shows a truck moving no more than 30 kilometres per hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... l0_Nj6GNe0
okanagan_sports
Fledgling

Post by okanagan_sports »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Yeah Yeah and if she didn't make an appearance the usual suspects would be in here whining about why she is nowhere to be seen.

She's basically damned if she does and damned if she doesn't, precisely why she's become adept at tuning out such types.

Oh and Christy wasn't responsible for building Hwy 97 from Oyama to Vernon the way in which it was built, not that any facts ever stopped some.

Lone Wolf:

You are shameless, bigoted supporter of this inept politician. Does your opinion even mean anything, anymore ?

Clark is supposed to be OUR PAID MLA for West Kelowna. She is "paid" to exercise her duties and show up to important events.

Westside Daze, fires, etc, It doesnt matter !

If she didn't show up to West Kelowna at all ( for the biggest news story in the last five years), a good case could be made to launch a recall campaign and have her booted from office.
In the battle between the Lion and the Wolf, the Lion shall kick the Wolf's *bleep* !
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

I can provide the boots.

Return to “Central Okanagan”