Rollover on 97C

matai
Banned

Rollover on 97C

Post by matai »

So, let me see.... sunny day, straight stretch... a rollover? Glad there was a ditch. Anyways.... maybe the cause of the accident would have been interesting to know.... just maybe:

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#119432
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Rollover on 97C

Post by Glacier »

This is why they should always divide the 4 lane highways. Too bad they wanted to save a couple bucks building the highway between Vernon and Oyama. Ya, it would have cost an extra 1% or 2 million dollars to separate the lanes, but only 20 people died as a result, and people are only worth about $10,000 each so it was definitely worth it.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Well said glacier! And christy clark would be more useful shoveling dirt than making an appearance in west kelowna to watch the fire burn.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

matai wrote:Well said glacier! And christy clark would be more useful shoveling dirt than making an appearance in west kelowna to watch the fire burn.

Yeah Yeah and if she didn't make an appearance the usual suspects would be in here whining about why she is nowhere to be seen.

She's basically damned if she does and damned if she doesn't, precisely why she's become adept at tuning out such types.

Oh and Christy wasn't responsible for building Hwy 97 from Oyama to Vernon the way in which it was built, not that any facts ever stopped some.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

It was pretty windy up in the North OK. Wouldn't surprise me if it was just as windy up on the Connector that could have been a factor
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Dizzy1 wrote:It was pretty windy up in the North OK. Wouldn't surprise me if it was just as windy up on the Connector that could have been a factor

We have a winner.
Black Dogs Matter
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Dizzy1 wrote:It was pretty windy up in the North OK. Wouldn't surprise me if it was just as windy up on the Connector that could have been a factor

That and speed could have been a factor.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Minimum speed is 120, of course it's a factor ;-P
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

matai wrote:Minimum speed is 120, of course it's a factor ;-P

Are you sure 120 is the minimum ?
Black Dogs Matter
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

dogspoiler wrote:Are you sure 120 is the minimum ?

Yup!... in the left lane at least lol.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Of course - the new speed limit has to be at fault - there just simply be any other reason
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Maximum speed is 120, but the driver still must drive according to road conditions and/or vehicle capabilities. When you pull a trailer you should probably drive slower than the sports cars crawling up your a$$. Trailers tend to fish tail at high speeds, wind or not.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I don't know if it was windy or not up there, but even at very slow speeds, a good gust can push a trailer right over, taking the car/tractor with it.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

There are so many factors when pulling a trailer.
-Trailer hooked up right? Saw a guy pulling a boat one day, the hitch wasn't down on the ball, how it hadn't popped off yet.
-Trailer brakes working?
-Trailer electrical working and activating the brakes?
-Brake controller set up properly?
-Trailer axle bearings greased? How many times have you seen a trailer on the side of the road with no wheel? Bearings heat up, fall apart and there goes your wheel. There is a Kenny Rogers song about that, "You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel"
-Tires, right air pressure? Good shape?
-Is the trailer overloaded?
-Has the trailer been sitting for a really long time and it is its first trip out, take it in to a shop for an inspection.
-Right tow vehicle for the trailer? Just because a vehicle has a hitch doesn't mean you can tow just anything.
-Driver's experience towing a trailer? Did the driver do a pre trip? Tug test using the break controller?
-Weather & road conditions. Especially going up and over the Connector, lots up big hills to go up and down.

Hopefully everybody involved will be alright!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Trailer was destroyed so hard to tell the size. A van is not the best tow vehicle and maybe it was overloaded.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Central Okanagan”