Lakeview Heights: beware and be aware

dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Re: Lakeview Heights: beware and be aware

Post by dodgerdodge »

Yes its ugly right now and has been around for years but are we getting more spaces that will be filled and will the rents/lease be reasonable enough for new and or existing tenants to move in and sell their services?
We have a complete explosion of shopping malls spread from one end of West Kelowna to the other and not one of them seems to have a 100% occupancy rate. This one will be good for the local people in Lakeview Heights but it isn't likely to attract a much wider audience without something really good in there. I used to go there for the post office but that went so i don't find myself going there, come to think of it i really have no idea what's there now apart from the food store.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

It's still a busy area. I think as it's redeveloped it will attract new tenants. Being a phased development it will have the opportunity to fill tenant spaces in stages. If some of them sit empty for a period, it's the lessor's problem and not the surrounding community's. It's certainly not going to be a boarded up slum.
I birn quil I se
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

I must say that, if the developers follow through, this is a massive improvement from what LHCA was shown in early Jan. The original pictures showed a barn-like building allegedly representative of our (Lakeview Heights) agricultural heritage, but it looked like an Enderby dairy barn, and not an imaginative one at that. The developer either fired his original architect or gave him very strict revised instructions from what he was touting 10 months ago to council and a few people in the community. And it properly executed in our neighbourhood, it will be popular and busy and full.

Return to “Central Okanagan”