Good choice by this criminal.

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Good choice by this criminal.

Post by GordonH »

http://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelow ... le-request

Hopefully he asks for no more parole requests at all, so the Families no longer have to go threw the pain every 2 years to keep him behind bars.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
my5cents
Guru

Re: Good choice by this criminal.

Post by my5cents »

I don't have a solution to the problem, but I know the present system, that re-victimizes every time the dirtbag comes up for parole isn't it.

Perhaps we should have automatic parole for murders. They automatically get freed the moment the victim comes back to life.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

my5cents wrote:Perhaps we should have automatic parole for murders. They automatically get freed the moment the victim comes back to life.

How about no parole ever, nada, no, never! Life should mean LIFE! Specially for a scumbag like this guy.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Bsuds wrote:How about no parole ever, nada, no, never! Life should mean LIFE! Specially for a scumbag like this guy.

I think that's sorta what I said.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

my5cents wrote:
Perhaps we should have automatic parole for murders. They automatically get freed the moment the victim comes back to life.

Great so then we'd have to deal with murders AND zombies!
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

nextimeround wrote:Great so then we'd have to deal with murders AND zombies!

No, I said "alive", not "undead". That's a whole different topic :)
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Parliament has granted him, scumbag or dirtbag or whatever, the right to seek parole. Put the blame where it belongs, on the politicians who passed the law that allows him to do it. And if you so believe, on the politicians who have failed to act in the meantime to rescind that right.

Do you all advocate that people should not attempt to avail themselves of their rights based on mob violence or the threat thereof? Not in my democracy.

Frankly, I hope Mr. Ennis rots in jail, but I'm not surprised if he attempts to avail himself of a right our democracy has given him (and others who have committed heinous crimes who will be coming up for parole sooner or later).
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

occasional thoughts wrote:Parliament has granted him, scumbag or dirtbag or whatever, the right to seek parole. Put the blame where it belongs, on the politicians who passed the law that allows him to do it. And if you so believe, on the politicians who have failed to act in the meantime to rescind that right.

Do you all advocate that people should not attempt to avail themselves of their rights based on mob violence or the threat thereof? Not in my democracy.

Frankly, I hope Mr. Ennis rots in jail, but I'm not surprised if he attempts to avail himself of a right our democracy has given him (and others who have committed heinous crimes who will be coming up for parole sooner or later).

You're quite correct this problem was created by the government not Mr Shearing @ Ennis.

There may be some murders who should be eligible for parole at some point, there is, however, some, such as this one, the late Mr Olsen, and others who should not.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Paul Bernardo comes to mind.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Bsuds wrote:
How about no parole ever, nada, no, never! Life should mean LIFE! Specially for a scumbag like this guy.

The Canadian Police Association has many times lobbied Ottawa in hopes of making like mean just that, "Life meaning Life".

I'm all for it there is a need for change of the Canadian Law, and hanging would be just too quick!

Return to “Central Okanagan”