Post by Daspoot »

*removed*
On a different forum
Daspoot
Übergod

Re: Daycare for stuck parents

Post by Daspoot »

Donald G wrote:To Daspoot ...

If you take time to read the 700 plus pages of the main thread you will find that all of the questionable points you have raised regarding Daycare due to children being out of school have already been covered many times over. As have the reasons that the ridiculous demands of the BCTF and decision to further sacrifice the teachers been covered a number of times.

It appears you arrived very late for the discussion.

I can't speak to the other 700 pages, just what's been discussed here on this thread. You call my points questionable, but don't question them in any form of debate.
On a different forum
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Dasboot

That's on the other larger string.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

To the Parents...Make sure where you bring you r kids for daycare or whatever....make sure they are not teachers...or maybe you do want to give the money to the tutoring teachers.

Goes against the BCTF and thats always a good thing
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Whatever is best for my children would be my choice. None of the mess that the BCTF has created is their fault and they should not have to pay any price for the BCTF ruthless selfishness and stupidity being displayed.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

This mess is on Christi, no doubt about it. Just look for which side is spewing more rhetoric and grossly misrepresenting the other sides positions. These are tactics resorted to when you can't support your side with rationale.
On a different forum
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Daspoot wrote:This mess is on Christi, no doubt about it. Just look for which side is spewing more rhetoric and grossly misrepresenting the other sides positions. These are tactics resorted to when you can't support your side with rationale.

Hardly - read up on their websites and look at the facts and who's actually providing them. Lots of threads to choose from.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I can't imagine the amount of parents that are struggling with daycare and the kids must be getting bored with school sports hanging in limbo too.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

And all because the BCTF convinced themselves that only a teacher could negotiate on behalf of teachers.

I guess, according to the BCTF, biology teachers is the only one who can perform medical operations on teachers too.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Fancy wrote:Hardly - read up on their websites and look at the facts and who's actually providing them. Lots of threads to choose from.

Exactly, if you examine the facts and read up on both sides from objective sources it's clear who's the problem, who has a chip on her shoulder, who feels she has to prove she was right even when the courts have told her she is wrong....twice. Who wants the cheapest of it`s kind in Canada while saying she is creating prosperity. Who is happily collecting a paycheque while stating the side, who is doing without, is greedy.

If one side has facts and opinions you can present them, if the other side doesn't have facts they just misrepresent the other side, twist their position, and tell people they are wrong because you feel they are wrong without presenting anything of substance at all. Kinda like the quote above.....
On a different forum
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Last edited by Fancy on Sep 9th, 2014, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Donald G wrote:And all because the BCTF convinced themselves that only a teacher could negotiate on behalf of teachers.

I guess, according to the BCTF, biology teachers is the only one who can perform medical operations on teachers too.

Donald, we may agree more than either of us might think. I think the BCTF has done a terrible job of presenting their side to the public, where we differ is I think the Teachers have some very valid points and concerns. But then I have kids in school and spend time in classrooms and see the issues first-hand.
On a different forum
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Fancy wrote:Are you volunteering daycare?
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=58524&p=1720694#p1720694

My Daughter does at stupid low rates... well not daycare but babysitting. I think she`s booked up though. This has been an economic boom for her. In fact even one of her clients is happy with $120/day coming in and far less than that going out.

I am pretty happy too as I've found some temporary labour for my business, and the ones I got are honest, educated, motivated, bright, pleasant and hard working.

...sorry was this supposed to be the part where I link to some other low-number slanted-sample poll supporting my position?

ps: people who look at school as daycare are about as far down the list of people whose opinions I value as there are. I'm not meaning you per se, but in general that's one of the biggest cop-outs I've heard and holds no water compared to the gutting of the education system and the "push them on to the next grade until they crash and burn in high school" system that we're currently under.
Last edited by Daspoot on Sep 9th, 2014, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On a different forum
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The OP asked for going rates to babysit.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

~$6-8/hr or so. My girl is happy with $5, but she likes the 3 kids and family

Yup, that's right that family is coming out $80 ahead every weekday, that's like another full-time income in the house. And my daughter is buying her first DSLR with her earnings.
Last edited by Daspoot on Sep 9th, 2014, 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
On a different forum

Return to “Central Okanagan”