Daycare for stuck parents

sislonski

Daycare for stuck parents

Post by sislonski »

I was wondering what the going rate for daycare fees are, per day. Since one never knows when school will be back in.
I was considering offering myself and home, to take in a few kids who's parents might be stuck for daycare if the strike carries on.

My kids are grown adults now and I've never used a day care so I have no idea what one would ask for payment. Any ideas?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Daycare for stuck parents

Post by Bsuds »

Well the Gov't is offering the parents $40 per day per child.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

I think not being licensed would affect what you could ask for.

Just thinking about things like that, insurance, and whatever else might be required to have something like this in your home. Could be different if you were just thinking of taking on the neighbour's kids, but if you're going to be running it as an actual daycare, there's probably more to it.
heycarmelina

Post by heycarmelina »

You should advertise as a sitter as opposed to a daycare. I think you need a license for that.
sislonski

Post by sislonski »

yes I should have clarified, I meant just offering some sitting for neighbours kids for a few days, not a day care, i realize you need to be licensed for that and have qualifications, insurance etc.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Legally you could operate as a LNR (License not required) but you can only take a sibling group OR a max of two kids.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Interesting that the irresponsible strike called by the talking heads at the BCTF ends up creating employment for any number of caring people across the province.

That the money continues to recycle within the various communities should benefit the over all economy and provide employment for those without more recognized employment skills.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Donald G wrote:Interesting that the irresponsible strike called by the talking heads at the BCTF ends up creating employment for any number of caring people across the province.

That the money continues to recycle within the various communities should benefit the over all economy and provide employment for those without more recognized employment skills.

Not just the "caring people". I have heard that there are some teachers in BC that are offering daycare for $40 per child.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

I wonder if they charge extra for "special needs"?
(ducking for cover)
I birn quil I se
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I wonder how many of the teachers who are baby sitting or running a psudo daycare are taking the opportunity to pass along a bit of academic knowledge? "It is in the nature of the beast". Kind of like working for half price.

Too bad the talking heads at the BCTF did not have the same attitude toward educating children ... rather than using the teachers in an effort to feather their own nest
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

All sorts of temporary labour has been freed up by Christi's illegal policies and the fallout from them. I know many business sectors that are taking advantage of the situation.
On a different forum
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Randall T wrote:I wonder if they charge extra for "special needs"?
(ducking for cover)

They can't, funding for special needs has been gutted over the years and there simply isn't any money left. A person can make more picking apples than caring for 2-3 special needs children or adults for an 8 hour shift.
On a different forum
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Sep 8th, 2014, 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Donald G wrote:To Daspoot ...

Time to get back to reality;

1. "Christy" is not negotiating anything. The government negotiators are doing the negotiating.

You must be mistaken, nowhere have I said or implyed she is negotiating anything. Confused?

2. The Governmnt is doing what the majority of taxpayers have asked her to do.

Please climb down from that political cross, in no way have the majority of voters specifically asked for that. People vote for a variety of reasons, often without any real understanding of policies, a vote for a party or person is not implicit support of every decision and policy even in the wildest imaginations out there.

3. The BCTF is the only union that lacks trained and experienced negotiators.

The people representing the teachers have done a very poor job, agreed.

4. The greedy BCTF is the only union that wanted a "pie in the sky contract.

This is opinion and rhetoric and really, there is nothing worth bothering to counter here.

5. If anything the gifted programs have been gutted to make resources available for those academically challenged.

That's a safe bet, I think everything has been cut to the bone by now right? so throwing a supposition out there about the gifted program is likely safe.

Stay the course Madam Premier until the BCTF and those few teachers who still support their outlandish demands decide to return to reality.

Lol, I'm sorry the above sentence just brings to mind a cartoon of someone who is so inflamed they are spitting while pounding the table with a bright red face. I'm not sure where I've seen that image, but it was a vivid one, I don't mean it personally.
On a different forum
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Daspoot ...

If you take time to read the 700 plus pages of the main thread you will find that all of the questionable points you have raised regarding Daycare due to children being out of school have already been covered many times over. As have the reasons that the ridiculous demands of the BCTF and decision to further sacrifice the teachers been covered a number of times.

It appears you arrived very late for the discussion.

Return to “Central Okanagan”