Car vs Credit Union

Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Car vs Credit Union

Post by Symbonite »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#122672

I dont know what to say..

I like the comment on Castanet....praphrased "trying to park at what..Mach 50!"

there is two pedles...one BIG and one small...BIG on is stop......hey I hit something...lets jam on the gas and hope for the best....
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
VoiceOfReason
Fledgling

Re: Car vs Credit Union

Post by VoiceOfReason »

What happens more often in The Okanagan. The car into the building, or the contractor hitting a gas line? Too close to call?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I was following a red mustang this morning and what I noticed was this driver was doing highway speed. Had to be using both feet since the brake lights were on, the whole time and no one was in front of the car.

Having 1 foot on the brake the other on the gas, is an accident just waiting to happen.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote:Having 1 foot on the brake the other on the gas, is an accident just waiting to happen.

As well as you can be ticketed for doing it.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

GordonH wrote:Having 1 foot on the brake the other on the gas, is an accident just waiting to happen.

Bsuds wrote: "As well as you can be ticketed for doing it."

My wonderful neighbour had an embolism several years ago, crashed into a parked car and wasn't expected to recover from his brain bleed. Wonder of wonders he has frustrations with his speech and has lost energy, but is renovating his kitchen at the moment. He took a year of therapy while the doctors held his license in balance.
He rewrote the exams and then failed the driving test three times (as I recall)......the reason he had driven with both feet all of his life (early 70's age now). He tried to retrain himself, tucking his left foot under the front seat, but when push came to shove, it just couldn't be trained. That was the reason for his not getting his license back after several attempts in the road test. He is still upset as he says he drove like that all his life..............I"m sure many others do also.

Now my point......why are drivers not retested........I mean ALL drivers after an accident or at renewal? They keep raising the license fees and yet they do nothing to earn that fee. There are so many that have no idea about roundabouts and signalling. So many treat it like a curve in the road if they are going straight through.....never even slowing. Few signal their intentions.

How about a traffic cop or two actually out of their cars "straightening out" the ignorant.......a warning ticket or more. Make some money and improve road safety at the municipal level. They could make a killing on the jacked up trucks with no mud flaps, etc. They even follow them down the roads and ignore them.

Raise distracted driving fines to $3-400. ICBC claims they require increases to cover personal injury claims.....raise the fine amounts and it will slow many down. First ticket at least $300 and next ones increase $100 each time.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

watchkat wrote:....the reason he had driven with both feet all of his life (early 70's age now).

My Dad who is now 90 drove that way all his life. That's how he was taught when cars first came out.
I tried to explain to him a few times and just gave up because he wouldn't/couldn't change either.
You would think that someone who grew up with only standard transmissions would be able to convert to an automatic and only use 1 foot to control the gas and brake.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Now my point......why are drivers not retested........I mean ALL drivers after an accident or at renewal? Seriously?

How about a traffic cop or two actually out of their cars "straightening out" the ignorant.......a warning ticket or more. Like a good beating with the baton. That kind of straightening out? Make some money and improve road safety at the municipal level. They could make a killing on the jacked up trucks with no mud flaps, No mud flaps is far to egregious to be dealt with by the police, That would require the national guard. You never know what a hill billy will do.etc. They even follow them down the roads and ignore them. Possibly because they don't care.[color=#FF0000]The answer is we don't have the necessary one cop to each civilian ratio.
[/color]
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
VoiceOfReason
Fledgling

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Looks like my car into building vs contractor hitting gas line comparison is all tied up this month.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#122890

Return to “Central Okanagan”