Was it just me or?

framer123

Was it just me or?

Post by framer123 »

Yesterday I was stopped at the lights on Old Okanagan hwy. and Butt rd. A lady behind me jumps out of her car and approaches me, She asks me who I work for, I reply For myself. She then says well that ladder in the back of your truck is mine. I said well It's actually a guy's I'm working with. She said no it's mine and I'm taking it. I said no you're not. Just then the lights changed and I drove away. Well she followed me. I went up Butt rd and turned left went to the hwy. coming down the hill out of west Kelowna she pulls up beside talking on her phone tries to cut me off. I think I gotta get away from this physcho I have my son with me don't know what she capable off. Well we ended up in peachland the first road to the left when you turn on ponderosa anyway by this time I got ahold of the guy I'm working with and he says he borrowed this ladder from her husband when he built their house. So I stop get out and put the ladder on the side of the road she was parked behind me and says the police are on their way. I get back in my truck drive up the road its a culdesac turn around and she blocks me by parking sideways on the road. The police show up and take statements the next thing you know I'm arrested for possession of stolen property. There were six police and three cars there. The one officer said he was the superintendent and said off the record you are a terrible parent. He was really really poed at me for what I don't know.At first they were going to take me downtown and I would hafta find someone to come and get my son but the first officer on the scene relented and let me go with a promise to appear. Was just wondering if this incident warranted all the officers and the degrading of myself for a ladder.I was very co-operative also so don't really understand it. Also the lady said I was speeding and ran a red light so I got a undue care and attention ticket but I did neither and even if I did wouldn't she have had to speed and run a light also. Kinda bewildered
Frisk
Guru

Re: Was it just me or?

Post by Frisk »

Last edited by Frisk on Nov 23rd, 2020, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

That's quite a story.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Can the guy you work with help straighten it out? She should've just taken your plate number and reported it instead of going all 'vice squad'.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

One more thing. Time for your own ladder.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Sounds something like two women who couldn't or wouldn't communicate and the thing went downhill for a whole lot of stupid reasons. And, what ever could be the reason for OP to put this all out there in this public forum? Weird, no.
heycarmelina

Post by heycarmelina »

What a psycho... It's just a ladder...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Maybe when she said it was her ladder the first time you should have stopped and straightened it out with her.
Then you probably wouldn't be in this predicament.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Wonder how long it's been since her house was built.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

So, I still don't get. Did you friend really borrowed the ladder from this lady or "borrowed it"?

Cause people don't get charged for borrowed property, am I right?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Even if he did steal it directly (which I know he didn't) 3 police cars for a ladder is way overboard.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

jennylives wrote:Even if he did steal it directly (which I know he didn't) 3 police cars for a ladder is way overboard.

Not overboard at all when, after she tries to communicate with you, you flee to Peachland. Then flee again when you hear that the police are attending. And won't stop fleeing until she blocks you in a cul de sac.

The commission itself wouldn't warrant that many attending police, but your actions after being advised as such absolutely warranted a hefty turnout.

It may or may not be your fault that the ladder may be stolen, but it's certainly not the lady's fault. Might have been more responsible to have communicated with her instead turn the whole situation into a pursuit. That's on you, regardless whether you did or did not know the ladder was stolen.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

When being pursued by unhinged folk, it's might be good to drive to the nearest police detachment.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

All this over a ladder, wow must be one hell of a ladder.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Stolen property is stolen property. Be interesting to hear the husband's version.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Central Okanagan”