Was it just me or?

797hauler
Fledgling

Re: Was it just me or?

Post by 797hauler »

She should have got your plate number and called the police while pulled over, I'll give it 5 times out of 10 , a persons insurance actually is the same as whats on their drivers licence so they could have just came to see you at home.

The fact that this lady blocked you in is illegal, very. I had an incident similar to this where I got in trouble for blocking someone in. My advice would be call the crown's office, explain the situation to them, and ask the charges be dismissed immediately, and without further delay. the fact that she broke the law and walked scot free is ridiculous. if the Police have made a arrest against a person where one person broke the law to make an arrest happen, and was not charged, my experience has been they dropped the charges.

its worth a shot.

and for the record. if your ever in this position again. pull over and lock your doors, roll up your windows and call the police yourself. if she would have taken that ladder out of your truck, she would have been the one arrested for theft under $5000.00 for taking something off YOUR truck without permission.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

797hauler wrote:SThe fact that this lady blocked you in is illegal, very.

What charges would that be?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

797hauler wrote: if the Police have made a arrest against a person where one person broke the law to make an arrest happen, and was not charged, my experience has been they dropped the charges.
The fact remains the OP was in possession of stolen property - the property wasn't planted on the truck.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

The woman still went overboard... one loco chica IMO.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

The fact of the matter is the ladder was not the OP's, he was borrowing it. So for all he knew she could have been right. The OP should have pulled off the road and called the guy he borrowed the ladder from to clear it up. If he couldn't reach him exchange numbers to assure her if the ladder was her husbands they could get it back.

He could have taught his son a good lesson about confronting problems head on calmly. Instead he chose to run away, hoping his problem would stop following.

So to answer your question, in my opinion - it was just you.
Last edited by Poindexter on Sep 23rd, 2014, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Poindexter wrote:The fact of the matter is the ladder was not the OP's, he was borrowing it. So for all he knew she could have been right. The OP should have pulled off the road and called the guy he borrowed the ladder from to clear it up. He could have taught his son a good lesson about confronting problems head on calmly. Instead he chose to run away, hoping his problem would stop following.
The OP did call the guy he borrowed the ladder from to be told the ladder was borrowed two years ago.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Only when running away failed did he decide to call.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

It's not hard to imagine how this could transpire. I mean I'm not sure under the same circumstances I would have thought to call the police as has been suggested for the OP to have done. In hindsight it's pretty clear that would have been the better approach though. This is a good lesson for all of us.

As for being charged, etc. I have to think the police suspected there were holes in your story so will let a judge sort it out to be sure.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

This must have been one scary lady.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

The Ladder Lady: she will find you and she will cut you. Peachland's theater Fall 2014.

So much happening in this seemly sleepy town.
Last edited by matai on Sep 23rd, 2014, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I have a mistrust of anyone who gets out of a car at an intersection to challenge another individual.

The fight/flight impulse certainly kicked into flight mode for this fellow. Maybe she was screeching like a banshee.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
797hauler
Fledgling

Post by 797hauler »

to many of you posting ridiculousness, you don't block someone in. its dangerous, they can panic, shoot you, stab you, punch you dead in the face. whatever. you get a plate number, call the police and wait for a call to come identify your ladder or belongings.

be an adult about it, and the fact this lady would give some guy the gears in front of his kid is disgusting. again I would have pulled over, called the police, and waited. and if she tried to start taking things off my truck... well....
ampeg

Post by ampeg »

this lady was obviously a complete lunatic. I would have told her where to go and call 911. Its a %&^$*&^ ladder!!

Lets chase the man through town, endanger his kid, make a huge stink, call on the infantry and make a working class guy feel like a idiot over a measly ladder that your husband may or may not have lent someone.

..Even if it were really stolen? really your gonna chase this guy all the way to peachland?

take his plate number you psycho.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

ampeg wrote:this lady was obviously a complete lunatic. I would have told her where to go and call 911. Its a %&^$*&^ ladder!!

Lets chase the man through town, endanger his kid, make a huge stink, call on the infantry and make a working class guy feel like a idiot over a measly ladder that your husband may or may not have lent someone.

..Even if it were really stolen? really your gonna chase this guy all the way to peachland?

take his plate number you psycho.

Borrow for 2 years?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Fancy wrote:Borrow for 2 years?

It happens, as I said previously my cousin has had my MIL's for 5 years. Shall I call the police?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Return to “Central Okanagan”