New Cell Tower

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

New Cell Tower

Post by Treblehook »

IMHO, if the winery wants to allow the cell tower to be erected on their property, it would pretty much be their call. They don't have the right to make such a decision on their own propery?? I suspect they pay a whole lot of taxes up there. If it was intended to erect the tower of public property, that would be perhaps a different matter. Maybe this is one of those "not in my backyard" elitist issues?
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Re: New Cell Tower

Post by GoStumpy »

I can't comprehend the entitlement issues of the landowners, thinking they need to give their permission for something to be built.

No, you weren't consulted because you don't need to be. Stop thinking you control everything that happens near you.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Is a commercial structure of this type, size and height permitted under the present agricultural zoning of the property or will there have to be a variance sought for it's construction to proceed?
It may be private property but it is still part of a municipality so must abide by the applicable bylaws of the community.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Just saw this on CHBC...lol...

first thing out of one guys mouth...the radiation and it looks like its at least a half km away from where they live...please

but the whole jist of it...its the I like cell phone service but not in my backyard.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
treeman97

Post by treeman97 »

@cv23

There was a cell tower on the back of Bylands property, off of Stevens Road for many years. I don't know if it is still there but it seems that having a cell tower on agricultural land is a non-issue. Sorry to disappoint you.
How to start an argument: State an opinion and wait.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Cellphone providers Telus has a contract with Bell (along with Bell's other brands like... Virgin) lets them piggyback off there towers. Rogers has to put up their own towers.

I find it rather funny how customers demand better coverage, but don't put up tower in our area. Can't have one without the other.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

GordonH wrote:Cellphone providers Telus has a contract with Bell (along with Bell's other brands like... Virgin) lets them piggyback off there towers. Rogers has to put up their own towers.

I find it rather funny how customers demand better coverage, but don't put up tower in our area. Can't have one without the other.

So true and I note more of those types here in the valley than anywhere else I've ever lived.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

people have no clue how EMR works. I like that letter to the editor claiming health risks and cancer. Sources please?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

National cancer institute on the affects of radio frequency radiation and cell phone use on the body:
Radiofrequency energy is a form of electromagnetic radiation. Electromagnetic radiation can be categorized into two types: ionizing (e.g., x-rays, radon, and cosmic rays) and non-ionizing (e.g., radiofrequency and extremely low-frequency or power frequency).

Exposure to ionizing radiation, such as from radiation therapy, is known to increase the risk of cancer. However, although many studies have examined the potential health effects of non-ionizing radiation from radar, microwave ovens, and other sources, there is currently no consistent evidence that non-ionizing radiation increases cancer risk (1).

The only known biological effect of radiofrequency energy is heating. The ability of microwave ovens to heat food is one example of this effect of radiofrequency energy. Radiofrequency exposure from cell phone use does cause heating; however, it is not sufficient to measurably increase body temperature.

A recent study showed that when people used a cell phone for 50 minutes, brain tissues on the same side of the head as the phone’s antenna metabolized more glucose than did tissues on the opposite side of the brain (2). The researchers noted that the results are preliminary, and possible health outcomes from this increase in glucose metabolism are still unknown.

I other words - it's time to panic!!!!!!
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
mixednuts

Post by mixednuts »

There is a very tall cell tower on the property of Telus on Anders Road.
There was no notification to anyone in the neighborhood, that it was being installed.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

treeman97 wrote:@cv23

There was a cell tower on the back of Bylands property, off of Stevens Road for many years. I don't know if it is still there but it seems that having a cell tower on agricultural land is a non-issue. Sorry to disappoint you.

No disappointment, was just asking a question but thanks for the concern
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Simple fix:
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Klale

Post by Klale »

lol foil
Last edited by Klale on May 9th, 2016, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Update

http://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelow ... -cancelled

Rogers customers will be have to continue to enjoy issues in the area.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
whirlwind

Post by whirlwind »

Is there a cell tower right by the store on Anders Road in Lakeview Heights?

Return to “Central Okanagan”