Mail Box Parkinson Rd

dizzydi

Mail Box Parkinson Rd

Post by dizzydi »

My loving family member has been missing for 6 weeks, someone else's dear pet was also. We had them posted on the mail box near Rose Valley {the one that was just broken into on the news} At least the thief left our posters up. Two days later they were gone with Stephen Johnston posters up. He is running for mayor. Shows he only thinks of himself. If he was thinking of us, how could our dear friends be taken down who are missing & missed to be replaced by ..........He will not be getting my vote! & my cat was smarter than he looks & speaks!
Last edited by dizzydi on Oct 20th, 2014, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Mail Box Parkinson Rd

Post by Captain Awesome »

If your cat is so smart, how come he/she got lost?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
dizzydi

Post by dizzydi »

Obviously you are not an animal lover, by your reply, your not so smart yourself
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Are you positive the candidate removed the posters and not the mailman/woman/person? Mine leaves flyers/posters on the box for a certain length of time then removes them.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
dizzydi

Post by dizzydi »

I took down Johnston's flyers & have them with me as I have heard it is illeagal for politicians to post on Federal boxes! Shame on him & he's running for mayor?
dizzydi

Post by dizzydi »

oneh2obabe wrote:Are you positive the candidate removed the posters and not the mailman/woman/person? Mine leaves flyers/posters on the box for a certain length of time then removes them.

The other mail box down the road still has our kittys on them
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I suspect it could be illegal for you to remove his posters as well whether they are legally posted or not.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
dizzydi

Post by dizzydi »

Duhh......
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

dizzydi wrote:Obviously you are not an animal lover, by your reply, your not so smart yourself

I would say you are not the smart one allowing your cat to freely roam around an area where there are lots of coyotes.
Last edited by fall on Oct 21st, 2014, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

dizzydi wrote:I took down Johnston's flyers & have them with me as I have heard it is illeagal for politicians to post on Federal boxes! Shame on him & he's running for mayor?

It is illegal ( not illeagal ) for anyone to post anything on mail boxes if you want to be technical.
dizzydi

Post by dizzydi »

Can see how Christy Clark got kicked out of Vancouver & some stupid people voted her in here & now allowing want to be mayors taking down our missing family members to put his want to be face in stead & us to pay him as taxpayers! Sorry, I do not think Christy Clark would even go that low, think about it Stephen Johnston.

I would think about voting for her if she made sure someone like you were out
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

I doubt he personally went around to community mailboxes. Putting up election signs, posters, etc. is usually the domain of campaign workers. If you want a straight answer, call him and ask.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
dizzydi

Post by dizzydi »

Yes, I will be emailing him as he has no Phone number, wish I could send the pic's & the want to be thing, but cannot do it on the forum
HeavyHauler
Fledgling

Post by HeavyHauler »

You want to smear my good friend Stephen? How about I smear you. Right to free speech, right?

Let me get this straight. It's okay for you to break the law by posting your posters on a mailbox, but once a mayoral candidate does it, FORRRRRRR SHAAAAAAME!!! Your basing opinions and your vote on his campaign putting up a poster? Whose to say the poster didn't come down on it's own?! You're very quick to *bleep*. UME that whoever put his poster up, took yours down.

I lost my cat 2 years ago, but I didn't post anything on the mailboxes because it's ILLEGAL. I went through the newspapers, through Castanet and other outlets.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

dizzydi wrote:I have heard it is illeagal for politicians to post on Federal boxes!

Actually, it's illegal for anyone to post on mailboxes - not just politicians. Asked my friend at Canada Post and he said while it's not advisable to do so, people do post lost/found/for sale/witness required posters. Canada Post isn't getting their knickers in a twist about it but if it really bothers someone, call Canada Post and file a complaint.

Return to “Central Okanagan”